Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNUnet 0.10 Drops Its Use Of RSA 2048

Phoronix: GNUnet 0.10 Drops Its Use Of RSA 2048

GNUnet 0.10.0 is now available as a major update to this open-source secure, peer-to-peer networking stack designed to protect the privacy of its users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wha?

OK, raise your hand if you have even heard of GNUnet.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ddi0 View Post

Another GNU project that almost nobody besides a few diedhard FSF fans use.

Comment

Originally posted by d4ddi0 View Post

I heard, even wanted to use it some years ago, but it was so hard to get into that I dropped the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
          Another GNU project that almost nobody besides a few diedhard FSF fans use.
          It may become more useful in the future, or in some places.

Comment

Well, anyway, it's always good when any program dumps RSA taking in account that they sold their soul to NSA...at least that's the rumours around.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              Well, anyway, it's always good when any program dumps RSA taking in account that they sold their soul to NSA...at least that's the rumours around.
              lol

i hope you ment this as a joke. rsa 2048 has nothing to do with the enterprise rsa security.

Comment

Originally posted by a user View Post
                lol

i hope you ment this as a joke. rsa 2048 has nothing to do with the enterprise rsa security.

...but quite honestly , i don't think i will ever trust again RSA for anything even if their business was to make furniture.

Comment

Schneier

Who can prove to me that Bruce Schneier is not on the NSA's payroll? Come on, if you're going to be paranoid, be paranoid all the way!

Comment

1. News about NSA seeding EC numbers confirmed
                    2. GNUnet switches from RSA to EC
                    3. ????
                    4. PROFIT

/I don't know jack about elliptic curves, and they probably didn't use the NSA numbers anyway, but hey/

Comment

Working...
                    X