KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zester View Post
    Kdbus was in fact a student project, it was not written from scratch by the kernel team. Sorry to tell you this but D-Bus might be the most widely installed IPC but its the least used IPC in linux. ZeroMQ and Google Protobuf might not have all the features of D-Bus but most of those advanced features are rarely even used even in D-Bus. And D-Bus doesn't even come close to ZeroMQ is usage share not even close.
    [trimming out needless swearing and name calling]

The current kdbus project was started by Greg KH.

Kernel "dbus-like" code for the Linux kernel. Contribute to gregkh/kdbus development by creating an account on GitHub.

Which student are you refering to? Where is his code? Why is student code somehow bad anyway? Also the notion that D-Bus is used less than Google Protobuf or ZeroMQ in Linux is not backed up any evidence. The repository dependencies in any Linux distro would show the opposite clearly. Next time provide referenes to back up your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

The current kdbus project was started by Greg KH.
      Kernel "dbus-like" code for the Linux kernel. Contribute to gregkh/kdbus development by creating an account on GitHub.

Didn't you just say

Also current development of kdbus isn't done by Greg KH at all.
      Go ahead and backtrack on that

Comment

Didn't you just say

Go ahead and backtrack on that
        Are you trying to be clever or do you have so much trouble following a train of thought? It was originated by Greg KH but the active development right now is carried out by others including Kay, Lennart and others. Feel free to verify by cloning the repository at

Comment

Are you trying to be clever or do you have so much trouble following a train of thought? It was originated by Greg KH but the active development right now is carried out by others including Kay, Lennart and others. Feel free to verify by cloning the repository at

https://code.google.com/p/d-bus/
          And now your resulting to insults I guess I have the same super powers"killfile you without loosing anything though.", clone it ummm no thanks I did a code review on it
          already that shit isn't touching my tree. Ill just join the rest and back-port, future improvements to the kernel without kdbus.

Comment

And now your resulting to insults I guess I have the same super powers"killfile you without loosing anything though.", clone it ummm no thanks I did a code review on it
            already that shit isn't touching my tree. Ill just join the rest and back-port, future improvements to the kernel without kdbus.
            You really do have trouble apparently. The kill file thing wasn't even mentioned by me and you still haven't told me the name of the student who started kdbus. If you already done any kind of code review, you would already know that active development in kdbus has nothing to do with Greg KH. So I very much doubt your code review claims.

Comment

You really do have trouble apparently. The kill file thing wasn't even mentioned by me and you still haven't told me the name of the student who started kdbus. If you already done any kind of code review, you would already know that active development in kdbus has nothing to do with Greg KH. So I very much doubt your code review claims.
              Do you work for Red Hat? If so I have a couple of questions for you and Red Hat's relationship with the NSA.

Comment

Do you work for Red Hat? If so I have a couple of questions for you and Red Hat's relationship with the NSA.
                No. I don't work for Red Hat.

Comment

Anyways I could demonstrate what experience I have with software development and ipc in general you would be impressed and my hands would hurt from all the copying/pasting, in the end it would all be pointless as the debate would just go back and fourth for days on end.

It's clear you have some form of invested interest into kdbus, that's fine. Regardless I maintain my own kernel tree.

Comment

Zester... You're actually managing to piss ME off just from READING this conversation, and that doesn't happen often. Development of projects move on from their originals, Greg isn't the main developer anymore-- if he's even a developer on it at all. And you still have yet to say WHO or give reference TO who was this so called "Student Developer" that started KDBUS. So either start providing sources or shutup and stop trolling
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Anyways I could demonstrate what experience I have with software development and ipc in general you would be impressed and my hands would hurt from all the copying/pasting, in the end it would all be pointless as the debate would just go back and fourth for days on end.
                      Nice one, you both dodged the issues at hands while pulling yourself back up on your high horse. No, please, copy paste. Provide references to the points that you are fervently defending, just as Rahul has to the LWN articles in question. Otherwise the safest assumption is you're a troll who's full of bullshit and just trying to be a dick.
                      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X