• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
    Why are them invalid?
    He's just trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by zester View Post
      I have and they are.

Also grow up and protect your own freedom learn to program or do whatever instead of always relying on others to do the work for you. If you don't like closed source (Valve and there Games) then don't play them or make your own.
      No you haven't, because BSD license is a summary, it is not legal document - it lacks structure, lacks definitions, lacks anything to be considered a legally valid document - unlike Apache license, which is legally-correct bsd-like license.

Also, I have, I do, and I rely on work of others and work for others. I don't like closed source for purely objective reasons - and Valve or "Games" have nothing to do with it. Valve uses optional DRM for payment transactions and anticheat. I play them, I modify them, I convert them and their ideas to copyleft. I don't follow dogmas, I act on own observation and research.

I already saw how idiotic BSD license is applied to user software (and not libraries and parts that you fanatically listed), for example Android market is a disaster - 98% of the software is subscription based payware/adware - all closed source, opensource projects are NOT outlined in any way. Google simply ruined the whole FLOSS approach and used the energy to short-cut the costs. Surely they are still a lot better than Apple or MS, but its getting worse, for example with recent Adblock removal with mumbling explanation.

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
      Why are them invalid?
      please see above.

Comment

• Originally posted by brosis View Post
        No you haven't, because BSD license is a summary, it is not legal document - it lacks structure, lacks definitions, lacks anything to be considered a legally valid document - unlike Apache license, which is legally-correct bsd-like license.

Also, I have, I do, and I rely on work of others and work for others. I don't like closed source for purely objective reasons - and Valve or "Games" have nothing to do with it. Valve uses optional DRM for payment transactions and anticheat. I play them, I modify them, I convert them and their ideas to copyleft. I don't follow dogmas, I act on own observation and research.

I already saw how idiotic BSD license is applied to user software (and not libraries and parts that you fanatically listed), for example Android market is a disaster - 98% of the software is subscription based payware/adware - all closed source, opensource projects are NOT outlined in any way. Google simply ruined the whole FLOSS approach and used the energy to short-cut the costs. Surely they are still a lot better than Apple or MS, but its getting worse, for example with recent Adblock removal with mumbling explanation.
        please see above.
        Shutup your to fucking stupid for words, go hide in a cave troll.

Comment

I just filed and issue for kdbus, asking if it will be optional. A couple of other people asked greg on G+ but he didn't respond.
          Ill find out and let everyone know.
          Greg does not respond to trolls with concrete anti-GPL, BSD environment building, Linux-fragmenting agenda. You are free per GPL to make your own sandbox. Or why don't you ask Apple or MS, they like BSD a lot. Go develop for them directly, take a shortcut.

Comment

• Ptex is a texture mapping system developed by Walt Disney Animation Studios for production-quality rendering.
            License: BSD

Alembic is an open framework for storing and sharing scene data that includes a C++ library, a file format, and client plugins and applications. It was initially developed in 2010 by teams from Sony Pictures Imageworks and Industrial Light & Magic, and development continues today.

OpenColorIO (OCIO) is a complete color management solution geared towards motion picture production with an emphasis on visual effects and computer animation. OCIO provides a straightforward and consistent user experience across all supporting applications while allowing for sophisticated back-end configuration options suitable for high-end production usage. OCIO is compatible with the Academy Color Encoding Specification (ACES) and is LUT-format agnostic, supporting many popular formats.
            OpenColorIO is released as version 1.0 and has been in development since 2003. OCIO represents the culmination of years of production experience earned on such films as SpiderMan 2 (2004), Surf?s Up (2007), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009), Alice in Wonderland (2010), and many more. OpenColorIO is natively supported in commercial applications like Katana, Mari, Silhouette FX, and others coming soon.

Field3D is an open source library for storing voxel data. It provides C++ classes that handle storage in memory, as well as a file format based on HDF5 that allows the C++ objects to easily be written to and read from disk. While the supplied C++ classes map directly to the underlying file format, it is still possible to extend the class hierarchy with new classes if needed. Developed by Sony Pictures.

I could go on ....

Comment

• OpenEXR is a high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format developed by Industrial Light & Magic for use in computer imaging applications.
              OpenEXR is used by ILM on all motion pictures currently in production. The first movies to employ OpenEXR were Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, Men in Black II, Gangs of New York, and Signs. Since then, OpenEXR has become ILM's main image file format.

OpenImageIO started as ImageIO - an API that was part of Gelato, the renderer software developed by nVidia. Work on ImageIO started in 2002. In the same year specification of the API and its header files were released under BSD license.

Comment

Shutup your to fucking stupid for words, go hide in a cave troll.
                Since you start to act so high-impulsive and feel offended, does this mean that I hit the spot with my argumentation? Your "freedom" is not worth the penny, since you don't protect it. So there is no freedom at all, just public domain. Original BSD had nothing to protect in court, so they are okay with legally invalid license. Sure, my wording is way more stupid than yours above.

Comment

BSD userspace translates to coreutils replacement, and not the whole damn bsd os sitting on linux.
                  Ok, that makes sense.

That doesn't apply to me. And what do they care anyways their getting what they need for freebsd, to replace GNU/GPL code.
                  Yeah, it's a real shame they needed many, many years to replace GNU with bsd licensed code. What's more funny bsd is much older.

Comment

I could go on ....
                    Go on an listing toolkits, libraries, interfaces?
                    What value exactly do they play to end-user?
                    As I stated above many many times, LGPL is better for them due to many reasons, but Apache (or BSD) is still sufficient if its about public interface or public toolkit.

List me any non-library, non-framework, user-ready complete application that is a match to GPL equivalent like Blender, Gimp and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      So how is your work on GPL licensed replacements for Xorg, Wayland and Mesa advancing? I guess if they are so shitty and dumb licensed and it is developed by maggots you have already stripped it from your system and are working on a replacement, since you are known as super-developer in the community. Oh, wait, you aren't? Not an super-developer and not working on a replacement for these irrelevant software developed by maggots?

Now that you have shown your stupidity to the world (together with brosis, the ignore-list is useless if someone quotes that bullshit), can you comment on kdbus/systemd or is that all you have to show us?
                      Compare them to Linux, pal. What is far more advanced and successful? Who looks stupid now?

Comment

Working...
                      X