KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zester View Post
    Anyways I am celebrating tonight because we finely got all of the GPL/LGPL out of
    userspace. The whole system only contains BSD/MIT/Boost/Zlib licensed software except for the
    Linux kernel.
    But bsd sucks a lot.

Everything is sooo clean, and every library and tool is well maintained, by its original maintainers. No more long waits to get
    simple bugs fixed, no licensing conflicts.
    You meant everything is so dumb licensed.

FreeBSD and NetBSD Dev's have been sooooo helpful.
    Yeah, they must be really happy, because you're using the Linux kernel. And they're so helpful KDE and Gnome can't even fix damn bugs reported from bsd.

Comment

Thats true freedom not the GPL as it restricts rights to the code. You and I cant own code, as its a work of the collective consonance. And you said that was valid.
      No, idiot. Only GPL brings true freedom for end users. Bsd doesn't give any protection for developers and end users which has nothing common with freedom. Only maggots would use bsd in important projects, because it simply can't compete against GPL and proprietary projects (unless nobody cares). It's the most stupid and anti freedom license ever. It exist to support proprietary crap.

Comment

Many people don't know or remember the past as most in our community, were to young. I am getting older and the Hydra Architecture will be my final contribution.
        Nobody cares about you or your shitty bsd and proprietary crap. It's about KDBUS which will thankfully be part of the Linux (GPL) licensed kernel. Your bsd trash will be assimilated by GPL and proprietary projects sooner or later, so this proves you dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
          RPM/Deb packages are great if you trust the sources entirely but sandboxes are good if you want to install applications and limit their access to very specific things. SELinux/AppArmor is part of that but doesn't solve the problem entirely since they don't have the type of access control promoted for example by Android's intent model. If you don't understand the reasons why, you don't have to use it.
          Well, I haven't looked that far into all the security details. Even more security is fine, I guess. But if I understand it correctly, sandboxed applications will be another type of package; why can't sandboxing be applied to RPMs and DEBs themselves? For instance, have all user repository packages be installed in sandbox mode? Also, won't these sandboxed applications still have to be distribution-specific, due to each distribution using different directories to store things (lib, lib32, lib64, sysconfig, conf.d etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            But if I understand it correctly, sandboxed applications will be another type of package; why can't sandboxing be applied to RPMs and DEBs themselves?
            I don't see why it could not. However the idea behind these images is that they can be used on many different distributions and can be downloaded directly from the vendor. Sandboxing makes running untrusted code a lot more secure.

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Also, won't these sandboxed applications still have to be distribution-specific, due to each distribution using different directories to store things (lib, lib32, lib64, sysconfig, conf.d etc.)?
            The image could ship all its dependencies down to libc and then could be run on any distribution. They also plan to introduce some "platforms" (I don't remeber what the exact word was), like Qt, Gnome libs, Game or KDE Frameworks that these app images can depend on (and imagine that they would also be shipped as similar images). They would provide a set of libaries that application may depend on. But sure, not all applications can ever be completely distribution independent and distributions have to work together to get this to work. A large part of the things that make this possible live in systemd so that's at least common already.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              But bsd sucks a lot.
              BSD userspace translates to coreutils replacement, and not the whole damn bsd os sitting on linux.

Yeah, they must be really happy, because you're using the Linux kernel. And they're so helpful KDE and Gnome can't even fix damn bugs reported from bsd.
              That doesn't apply to me. And what do they care anyways their getting what they need for freebsd, to replace GNU/GPL code.

Comment

No, idiot. Only GPL brings true freedom for end users. Bsd doesn't give any protection for developers and end users which has nothing common with freedom. Only maggots would use bsd in important projects, because it simply can't compete against GPL and proprietary projects (unless nobody cares). It's the most stupid and anti freedom license ever. It exist to support proprietary crap.
                So how is your work on GPL licensed replacements for Xorg, Wayland and Mesa advancing? I guess if they are so shitty and dumb licensed and it is developed by maggots you have already stripped it from your system and are working on a replacement, since you are known as super-developer in the community. Oh, wait, you aren't? Not an super-developer and not working on a replacement for these irrelevant software developed by maggots?

Now that you have shown your stupidity to the world (together with brosis, the ignore-list is useless if someone quotes that bullshit), can you comment on kdbus/systemd or is that all you have to show us?

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                  So how is your work on GPL licensed replacements for Xorg, Wayland and Mesa advancing? I guess if they are so shitty and dumb licensed and it is developed by maggots you have already stripped it from your system and are working on a replacement, since you are known as super-developer in the community. Oh, wait, you aren't? Not an super-developer and not working on a replacement for these irrelevant software developed by maggots?

Now that you have shown your stupidity to the world (together with brosis, the ignore-list is useless if someone quotes that bullshit), can you comment on kdbus/systemd or is that all you have to show us?
                  ROFL ... Xorg(X11 License), Wayland(MIT License), Mesa(MIT License) I don't have Xorg in my stack and the other to are MIT Licensed soooo why the fuck would I replace them?????

Yah I can comment on kdbus/systemd. One sec ill be back lol jack ass there on my side!!! hehe
                  Last edited by zester; 28 December 2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

ROFL ... Xorg(X11 License), Wayland(MIT License), Mesa(MIT License) I don't have Xorg in my stack and the other to are MIT Licensed soooo why the fuck would I replace them?????

Yah I can comment on kdbus/systemd. One sec ill be back lol jack ass there on my side!!! hehe
                    Starting to wonder who the stupid one really is.
                    Last edited by samiam; 28 December 2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samiam View Post
                      Starting to wonder who the stupid one really is.
                      just starting? it was obvious from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                      X