Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston Was Rapidly On The Rise This Year

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston Was Rapidly On The Rise This Year

After yesterday recapping Mesa's development this year and LLVM's growing development, up today are some statistics concerning Wayland and its Weston compositor this year from the Git side...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It looks like we're getting a review of the year on every significant project. That is dull.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      It looks like we're getting a review of the year on every significant project. That is dull.
      Michael is busy working on PTS right now, so some *soft* articles need to fill the gap so he can continue to eat food.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        - Just the ones that I find most interesting and care about or yield interesting data....

- Some articles to cover an otherwise slow news week(s) around the holidays when there isn't much other upstream news.

- And yes, I'm really busy these couple of weeks working on PTS 5.0 development work and so aside from my many pre-written articles, just some other quick articles I can write during this time when not engaged in working on PTS.

Only have 1 or 2 other stats articles coming out in next few days.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

What is the reason for the huge dip in file (and as a side-effect line count) in wayland around 2011-01-01?

Comment

Originally posted by FourDMusic View Post
            What is the reason for the huge dip in file (and as a side-effect line count) in wayland around 2011-01-01?

The Wayland-demos, which where later called 'Weston', were split into a seperate repo so the Wayland repo just contains the libraries

I think what made it grow again was the doc folder for documentation, and the tests folder which seems to have minimal unit tests.
            Last edited by nerdopolis; 27 December 2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I see some Finnish names on those lists, are they the Jolla Sailfish developers by any chance? With them using Wayland/Weston on their phones I assume something goes upstream...

Comment

Originally posted by hrkristian View Post
                I see some Finnish names on those lists, are they the Jolla Sailfish developers by any chance?
                erm, you do? pekka paalanen is a finnish name, but he works at collabora rather than jolla. the rest i can see are danish and swedish. in any case, no jolla contributions as they use qtwayland rather than weston.

Comment

Working...
                X