Coming Soon: Catalyst Control Center - Linux Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik_N View Post
    Yes but Vista is using the Orca rewrite which I assume will also be used on XP and linux (eventually). I'd love to see some performance improvements but I think that some other bugs (AA artifacts, freeze on logout/switch to console etc.) should be prioritized.
    I wish I could tell you more, but...I'd have ta kill ya...

Comment

There are very serious bugs in fglrx. They have to fix these first. The GUI Control Panel is nonsense if the underlying program crashes, freezes and malfunctions.

Comment

i wonder how much time will it take to have them fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          i wonder how much time will it take to have them fixed.
          Have what fixed exactly?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I think he meant bugs many people are experiencing very often. I, for example, can't switch from X to console (shutdown/reboot also doesn't work properly), have slow performance and when I play a game two minutes the entire machine freezes. Also, when only X is running and I am surfing the web for example, my ATI Radeon X1900 XTX has the cooler running (not very fast, but much noisier than in Windows). And then I am waiting for features like the upcoming Catalyst Control Center in the 8.36-driver and for full AIGLX support.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              ...Catalyst Control Center in the 8.36-driver and for full AIGLX support...
              Still thinking 8.36 due to that PCPer article? Had that PCPer article mentioned AIGLX?
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes and No. I can only hope that AIGLX comes soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Have what fixed exactly?
                  How about: this one:

(EE) fglrx(0): PreInitDAL failed
                  (EE) fglrx(0): PreInit failed
                  Screen(s) found but none have usable configuration

Check this post

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

Note with the FC6 "Radeon" drivers there are not any issues whatsoever.

Comment

I have X1900XT and it draws parts of any window in the lower right hand corner of my monitor with no 3D acceleration support. ATI Linux driver FTL.

Comment

Weird problem, Xiann.

I tested 8.34.8 and found out that the crashes in games are gone, but I have one very bad problem left:

I can't switch to console with Ctrl+Alt+F1, when I do it, it hangs. I can then reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Del. It also hangs when I want to reboot/shutdown under KDE. It just can't switch from X to console. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                      X