Valve's Giving Away L4D2 As A Christmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
    Only thing I noticed was the mouse continued a little past when I stopped, but I think that may have more to do with my sensitivity settings (I haven't tweaked those much yet) and the fact that I'm using a bluetooth mouse.
    Try enabling the raw mouse input.

Comment

It looks like the Valve games are anything but true 64 bit Linux games. L4D2 contains .exe, DirectX9 files and "32 bit" Linux stuff.

I guess that's why I got often hiccups while playing L4D2 on Linux (on Window$ on same PC runs fine) with GTX 560 Ti.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        It looks like the Valve games are anything but true 64 bit Linux games. L4D2 contains .exe, DirectX9 files and "32 bit" Linux stuff.

I guess that's why I got often hiccups while playing L4D2 on Linux (on Window$ on same PC runs fine) with GTX 560 Ti.
        It should be common knowledge that SSteam and all games underr it are 32 bit only. L4D2 runs perfectly on my 64 bit system (A8-6500, OSS drivers). One thing though - you have to have some free RAM to handle it. I have 8 GB and 2 GB is given to the video.

Comment

Originally posted by gradinaruvasile View Post
          It should be common knowledge that SSteam and all games underr it are 32 bit only. L4D2 runs perfectly on my 64 bit system (A8-6500, OSS drivers). One thing though - you have to have some free RAM to handle it. I have 8 GB and 2 GB is given to the video.
          As I said, it runs fine on Window$ on same computer, so it's not about RAM, not to mention it's a lightweight game compared to other titles, I can run Metro etc fine on Window$. 4GB of ram is plenty.

Comment

Runs fine here on my nvidia systems in linux.

Comment

As I said, it runs fine on Window$ on same computer, so it's not about RAM, not to mention it's a lightweight game compared to other titles, I can run Metro etc fine on Window$. 4GB of ram is plenty.
              Well thats on Windows where most games use the directx api. On Linux you might get different results since the rendering is done in opengl, especially if you have a 64 bit system, where the memory usage is higher than on 32 bit.
              Anyway, 64 bit Linux per se is not your problem. I have 64 bit Linux and an integrated AMD vid card + i use the open source drivers which arent even that fast as the proprietary ones, but L4D2 and other Source games run perfectly smooth (but i dont use antialiasing). Maybe the linux nvidia driver has isssues with some advanced effects or something.

Comment

Working...
              X