Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Giving Away L4D2 As A Christmas Present

Phoronix: Valve's Giving Away L4D2 As A Christmas Present

While ardent Linux gamers have likely already heard and own a copy, for those that didn't hear yet Valve's latest kindness, the Linux-friendly entertainment company is giving away their very popular Left 4 Dead 2 game today and tomorrow as a Christmas present to gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I had just seen, gotten, and posted this to facebook a little while ago. lol

Edit: fwiw, I'm downloading at 2M/s, so it must be a small hammer.
    Last edited by Nobu; 26 December 2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

was going to buy it, but wow thx valve. Guess I'll use the $ to get something else on steam.

Comment

Cool, my first Steam Linux game! It's been some time since I've gamed, but I'm going to have to give this a try.

Thank you d2kx and Michael.

Comment

Well it was nice from Steam. Only that their servers couldnt handle the load.
          I was about to buy Day of Defeat and for a few hours wasnt able to complete the transaction because the connection timed out. Eventually i was able to get both DoD and L4D2. They should have planned for this more thoroughly. Letting your whole store go down in Christmas because of freeloaders is bad for business.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
            Cool, my first Steam Linux game! It's been some time since I've gamed, but I'm going to have to give this a try.

Thank you d2kx and Michael.

1st one ?!?

What you are waiting to get DOTA2 and Team Fortress 2 ?!?

They are also F2P for a long long time

Thx Valve and Michael...excelent Xmas gift

BTW; if we have Net traffic limits and are reaching limit for this period, fear not, we don't need actually to download it today.

Just hit button in Store to get L4D2 for free...the actual download won't start right away and you can install it later

Comment

There is no doubt now....2013 was the Year of LINUX Gaming....now , even "Pirates" are making LINUX "releases"
              Last edited by deanjo; 26 December 2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

You cant login with the Steam client because the servers are overloaded.
                You can still get the game by logging in on the Steam website from your web browser and adding the L4D2 game.

Comment

Oh nifty. If I were to get a free game from Valve, I'd rather it have been HL2, but this'll do just fine for me. Thanks Valve!

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
                    1st one ?!?

What you are waiting to get DOTA2 and Team Fortress 2 ?!?

They are also F2P for a long long time

Thx Valve and Michael...excelent Xmas gift

BTW; if we have Net traffic limits and are reaching limit for this period, fear not, we don't need actually to download it today.

Just hit button in Store to get L4D2 for free...the actual download won't start right away and you can install it later
                    No, it's just been a long time since I've gamed, and all of the titles I own on Steam are old and made by companies that are unlikely to ever port them to Linux. That is, until I added L4B2 to the collection.

Comment

Working...
                    X