Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Months And Still No UT3 For Linux

A videogames salesman told me today that UT3 for XBOX360 could be available 4th July, maybe the theory about releasing consoles versions before Linux client is correct.

For some reason I'm not that phased about the ut3 engine. When I first saw it a while back I was. But after playing the windows demo I couldn't care less. Not really a great game compared to ut2004. Pretty graphics only goes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by marakaid View Post
    A videogames salesman told me today that UT3 for XBOX360 could be available 4th July, maybe the theory about releasing consoles versions before Linux client is correct.
    If that is why it's been delayed for so long I'll thank epic for saving me some money as I'll not being buy their games again.

But, the x360 version of quake wars is out now, and it came out way after the linux client was out.

Is not the same, Splash Damage is in good relations with ID Software (that means linux support) and Epic is in good relations with Microsoft (Gears of Wars).

Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    But, the x360 version of quake wars is out now, and it came out way after the linux client was out.
    That was from ID software and they have been great with their Linux ports.

Epic games had their run with Linux, but I think their ties with Microsoft will prevent them from releasing any more of their games with Linux, Mac, or the PS3. I'm quite sure they WANT to release the UT3 client for Linux, however. I absolutely refuse to believe they've gone twisted and evil with their culprit MS brainwashing their once glorious brains.

Oh well, at least we have a Steam port to speculate about
    It would be really cool to just type:

# steam tf2
    >> You have chosen to download Team Fortress 2
    >> $30 will be charged to your account, do you accept? Y,N : Y
    >> Downloading: "============>" 100%
    #

Or something like that. I don't use Steam because of a shortage of cash (thank you college), but I most likely will make an account this summer and go on a downloading spree.
    Last edited by Mardok; 06-23-2008 at 10:00 PM.

This is a rumor, but AFAIK, after GoW2 is released, Epic will cease all relationship with MS... Apparently the deal wasn't that good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by marakaid View Post
    Is not the same, Splash Damage is in good relations with ID Software (that means linux support) and Epic is in good relations with Microsoft (Gears of Wars).
    Yea, but you know, GoW and UT are completely different games under completely different licenses. GoW is a MS exclusive title, property, etc, WTF. Thats why im not interested in playing it, and besides the fact that i dont like 3rd person games. UT otoh, it's not, it's EPIC's game, and they can do with it what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetargos View Post
    This is a rumor, but AFAIK, after GoW2 is released, Epic will cease all relationship with MS... Apparently the deal wasn't that good for them.
    Really? Where did you hear that? I hope it's true. Not even Bungie liked to be too related to MS. I can imagine why.

Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    Really? Where did you hear that? I hope it's true. Not even Bungie liked to be too related to MS. I can imagine why.
    I can't find where did I first came across this information, it was a Blog, of that I'm sure, which means in itself, TAKE IT WITH A BIG GRAIN OF SALT, but if true... AFAIK the reason behind this was that Epic's image had been "damaged" in some way or another... Gee I wonder if this delay hadn't done already its share of damage