Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who laid down the money for a copy "on the promise of there being a Linux client" has a case for breach of contract, so should sue.
    Besides which, suing should be a last resort. Just because there's some problems doesn't eman you need to jump to litigation. All most people seem to want is just some general time frame for release, and barring that to know what's holding it up. Hardly something to sue over. Though if the client does indeed end up being cancelled...

It wouldn't be so bad if people could just return the game for a full refund, but by this time it's kinda late (not to mention many places not accepting game returns at all anymore, anyway).

Comment

• And even more relevantly, the fact you would lose!

Caveat Emptor. You purchased a Windows game not a Linux game. It says Windows in the system requirements on the box!

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
        I'm not quite sure what you are trying to argue here, but...

Financial feasibility is tends to go with what the people doing to study want to see. If they are already pre-disposed not to do Linux, it will always not look feasible. If they want to do a Linux port, the numbers will look different. It's all a matter of how you phrase the questions.
        Your saying our griping is pushing the developers away, so show me where they have said any such thing? Any game production house will suffice.

We do have on record Mark Rein saying ""We're a multi-platform company folks please come to grips with that. We like the PC. We like the 360. We like the PS3. We like the Macintosh. We like Linux. We will deliver UT3 for all of these platforms and it will rock on every one.""

There were release dates for the windows version, xbox, ps3 and windows. When those platforms were delayed they at least got a revised timeline. Something that we have yet to receive.
        Last edited by deanjo; 20 August 2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          I dont think wartourist comes here anymore.
          He did as of earlier today. He even replied to a comment I'd made in that specific post.

He's here, very probably listening in to all these goings on. Since he's one of the management on UT3, I have to wonder what he's making of all these goings on...it can't be reflecting well on us with some of these comments...

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Your saying our griping is pushing the developers away, so show me where they have said any such thing? Any game production house will suffice.
            We won't go there, deanjo. Drop it, please.

Comment

• BTW, don't know if this is any indicator or the typical amazon screwup but they are saying it's being released on the 29th for the Mac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                He did as of earlier today. He even replied to a comment I'd made in that specific post.

He's here, very probably listening in to all these goings on. Since he's one of the management on UT3, I have to wonder what he's making of all these goings on...it can't be reflecting well on us with some of these comments...
                I bet he would love to have the kind of moderating power he has in the epic boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                  I bet he would love to have the kind of moderating power he has in the epic boards.
                  Now, now... Let's be mannerful over here. We're above that sort of snippy remarks (Why stoop to that level, right?).

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    BTW, don't know if this is any indicator or the typical amazon screwup but they are saying it's being released on the 29th for the Mac.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Macsoft-Unre.../dp/B0016IV9FA
                    Guess we'll have to see. It might be when we see it for Linux. I'm not going to be so bold as to venture a guess. If there's a demo for Linux, I'll evaluate it then- otherwise, I've got other things to be spending my money on that might be more useful to myself and everyone in these discussion threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Guess we'll have to see. It might be when we see it for Linux. I'm not going to be so bold as to venture a guess. If there's a demo for Linux, I'll evaluate it then- otherwise, I've got other things to be spending my money on that might be more useful to myself and everyone in these discussion threads.
                      Let me add my 2c's worth.
                      If the Linux client -does- come out, I will most likely jump to tuxgames and buy a "Linux" copy (Same as I did with ID games), even though it costs more (International shipping).
                      I will do so, not because I'm rich and/or stupid, but because I rather make a -Linux- sale instead of adding yet-another-Windows sale to the grand total.
                      Yes, it has a dwindling community (I'll mostly play against the AI, so I don't really care) and there will be far less mods compared to UT2K4, but personal statements are never cheap or easy. ([RANT] Unless you're an apple iSomthing user; Yes, spending money on fashion accessory does make a statement; No, it's not what you think, it's more in line with "I like overpriced shiny things wrapped in plastic that makes me feel superior for no good reason" [/RANT])

As some people above said, neither ID nor Epic owe us anything - and as much as I dislike the way Epic has handled this PR fiasco (No, repeating the same empty message doesn't really help), we, as a community should consider our long term goals (E.g. More native games) before we start burning down the house.

- Gilboa
                      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                      X