This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
    But all unreal tournament games, including UT3, are now being offered as digital downloads in Stardock's Impulse service, which in my opinion, is much better than steam.
    Consider whom the rights holder is.

In the case of iD's stuff, they are. Activision really only distributes the stuff for them.

In the case of Epic's stuff, the story is the same.

Not all games are licensed in a manner that allows for anything other than meatspace distribution. To point to UT and to presume that everything is like that is applying chop-logic for your argument. One doesn't lead to the other. It SHOULD, but it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Consider whom the rights holder is.

In the case of iD's stuff, they are. Activision really only distributes the stuff for them.

In the case of Epic's stuff, the story is the same.

Not all games are licensed in a manner that allows for anything other than meatspace distribution. To point to UT and to presume that everything is like that is applying chop-logic for your argument. One doesn't lead to the other. It SHOULD, but it doesn't.
      OK fair enough, but in the Unreal tournament games' case it would be possible to distribute them digitally in their linux flavors (which is really just the windows retail data files with the linux client) by linux game stores, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        OK fair enough, but in the Unreal tournament games' case it would be possible to distribute them digitally in their linux flavors (which is really just the windows retail data files with the linux client) by linux game stores, right?
        If and only if the rights holder ALLOWS that. Keep that in mind.

You need to sell Epic on that idea at the minimum.

And with the way people have comported themselves here and elsewhere with that title, do you HONESTLY think they're going to want to do that, hm?

There's a reason I've been trying to get people to temper their remarks, you know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          If and only if the rights holder ALLOWS that. Keep that in mind.

You need to sell Epic on that idea at the minimum.

And with the way people have comported themselves here and elsewhere with that title, do you HONESTLY think they're going to want to do that, hm?

There's a reason I've been trying to get people to temper their remarks, you know...
          Well, you know, everyone has a price, and thats specially true when it comes to Epic. *cough* m$ *cough*. Give the right amount they might give it a good consideration.

Comment

• what?...where is my game?... oh bollocks .... it must be burned ......what comes around goes around as they say (/me raises two fingers to epic)...bollocks to em and their cocain fueled lifestyle - i've seen that mark rein - off his face on the stuff! *cough* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EycZ9Vdzln8 << white man speak out of arse!
            anyway if you want to watch the latest on me burning my crap with epic logos on it then watch this thread , if you want the latest information regarding the GNU/Linux release for ut3 check the FAQ on epic forums or check the thread marked 12 months and still no ut3

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Gerls!....Gobshite!

or lock it as the gobshites suggest...

Comment

• Don't feed the troll.

Thank you.

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
              X