Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don't understand is how you can blatantly lie in front of a camera and in magazines, promising a Linux-client ("we love all platforms equally"...) and then jump into bed with Microsoft, release GoW as "Games for Windows" and let them frack up your plans on releasing a completely different game that's not published by Redmond.

Sure, the game-industry is full of lies, but mostly it's about "the game is finally done", while it isn't and needs patching to be even playable on more than 70% of the consumers computers, but the promise of a linux-client without delivering it even after more than half year, that's just sad. Ignoring questions regarding the client is even more frustrating.

At the very least, they're not cancelling their support and tell their customers to "**** off" and lay off their studios mistakes as the fault of the evil warez-downloaders, like a known german studio did.

That's no way to treat your customers and I'm very glad I never bought the game, without being able to install it on the platform of my choice.

If the client ever gets released, I'll just grab the cheap 10?-version of the game, just to support their linux-client-statistics. Maybe they'll wake up in a few years, when releasing Unreal 3 or something like that and acknowledge the customers, that supported their previous franchise and brought them where they are now.

If not, they'll just end up like everyone who ever was in bed with MS. It's like the arrogant prick who shags the naive beauty, not remembering her name in the morning and feeling good about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
      I can't find where did I first came across this information, it was a Blog, of that I'm sure, which means in itself, TAKE IT WITH A BIG GRAIN OF SALT, but if true... AFAIK the reason behind this was that Epic's image had been "damaged" in some way or another... Gee I wonder if this delay hadn't done already its share of damage
      Actually I think it was more then "PC gaming is dead long live consoles!" when PC gamers are what made epic as well as the other crap that they have spewed in regards to PC games.

Comment

Hi guys. Work on the UT3 linux client most defintely is progressing, albeit a lot slower than we anticipated. We don't discuss the status of patches until we know they're ready to be released. No conspiracy, just challenging work.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
          Hi guys. Work on the UT3 linux client most defintely is progressing, albeit a lot slower than we anticipated. We don't discuss the status of patches until we know they're ready to be released. No conspiracy, just challenging work.

Thanks!
          Thanks for the update, it must be stressful your work inside UT3 forums.

Comment

Originally posted by marakaid View Post
            Thanks for the update, it must be stressful your work inside UT3 forums.
            No problem. The UT3 forums are some of the most civil and on-topic I've ever seen. They're a pleasure to visit.

Comment

Hey WarTourist, glad to see you here! Do you know if epic plans to release some sort of beta flavor of the client at some point? It'd be great if linux users could try the client out and help betatest it, you know, provide positive comments about it, and on how to improve it. Maybe kind of like croteam which released a beta of the serious sam 2 linux client.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                Do you know if epic plans to release some sort of beta flavor of the client at some point?
                I think it's likely that when we're getting close, we'll release it to the UT3 Servers and Mods mailing lists for semi-open public testing. That system works well for patches and I can't think of a reason we wouldn't do the same for the Linux client.

Comment

Thanks for dropping by and updating us!

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                      I think it's likely that when we're getting close, we'll release it to the UT3 Servers and Mods mailing lists for semi-open public testing. That system works well for patches and I can't think of a reason we wouldn't do the same for the Linux client.
                      Thanks a lot for these news on the development of UT3 client.
                      I'm speaking only as a customer / end-user and I'm very glad to have such news about the fact that UT3 client is still on his way.
                      I'll be glad to purchase my copy as soon as the linux client is out !

Comment

Working...
                      X