Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, it will be interresting to see the response.. perhaps a petition to have epic refund it?..

im just glad i didnt buy it, i almost did..

Comment

I have actually entered a request on the UT3 Forums ...
      Needless to say - they have been removed quite fast.
      Check out: My Blog. I took some screenshots to actually prove the censorship. Now - what could we do about that ?
      Involve even more press ???

I'll check it out with some german magazines ...
      Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

keep on adding posts?

Comment

Well how about asking for an OpenGL renderer for the Windows version? That should work with wine much faster than DX9 emulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Well how about asking for an OpenGL renderer for the Windows version? That should work with wine much faster than DX9 emulation.
            Or run the game using vmware or any other kind of virtualization ??
            I don't know anything about virtualization, just guessing.

Whatever, this won't never be the same as owning a true linux client.

However, we can think that Epic is working on providing a Linux version, as well as a Mac OS version, as they said they would do.
            The only thing one can charge against Epic is that they don't provide any information at all on the topic. And that they are deleting posts from the official forum, as Smurphy experienced earlier. This last point is really a shame for them. It's censorship and it's untolerable.

Thanks again to phoronix for welcoming those threads on the forum, that would have been deleted by Epic straight forward...

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
              Or run the game using vmware or any other kind of virtualization ??
              I don't know anything about virtualization, just guessing.
              It'll be like running the game on an 8mb video card, and don't forget about the resources being tapped by the Host OS while the VM is running. There is supposed to be some sort of virtualization software thats made for games, but it'll be a long time before I actually buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
                The only thing one can charge against Epic is that they don't provide any information at all on the topic. And that they are deleting posts from the official forum, as Smurphy experienced earlier. This last point is really a shame for them. It's censorship and it's untolerable.
                Well, we'll see what happens. Michael's placed a post prominently in the forums, asking for information as there's been allegations of deleted posts and inquiries about the status. I expect dead silence at this point- even if they've been deleting stuff. That's a political landmine, that... >:-)

Comment

Yeehh ARGG I feel like an asshat having bought the game already, havn't even opened it.

I've got over 100 hours logged in quake wars because of this :PPPP

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Well, we'll see what happens. Michael's placed a post prominently in the forums, asking for information as there's been allegations of deleted posts and inquiries about the status. I expect dead silence at this point- even if they've been deleting stuff. That's a political landmine, that... >:-)
                    Do you by chance have a direct link to this post ???
                    Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      And the thread got closed after being pointed to the November FAQ entry. There's one thing that's very clear: Epic doesn't want people asking about Linux around their forums. The thread from Michael got closed, mind you, not deleted.

The thread would be this, and you can read all about it in Michael's eloquent speech here

Comment

Working...
                      X