Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Optimus Linux Power Battery Tests

Phoronix: NVIDIA Optimus Linux Power Battery Tests

Beyond the Zenbook Prime SSD tests, some more performance data to share this Sunday from the ASUS UX32 ultrabook is of the battery power consumption when running some NVIDIA Optimus Linux tests and kernel comparisons...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Complete and TOTAL shot in the dark.... Linux 3.13 power consumption is higher because now that Disk I/O is spread out across multiple cores it keeps CPU cores from going to sleep?
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Bumblebee - Optirun
      Not primusrun? The prefered, more actively developed, better maintained, and supposedly better performing backend?

Comment

Compared to Windows

I'm curious how the idle power compares to Windows. This has been a huge problem for these hybrid graphics devices and a hurdle to using Linux on them for everyday use.

Comment

Originally posted by zeroepoch View Post
          I'm curious how the idle power compares to Windows. This has been a huge problem for these hybrid graphics devices and a hurdle to using Linux on them for everyday use.
          When idle and using bumblebee, the nvidia card is powered off. If the power usage is worse then Windows, I don't think it would be because of hybrid graphics.

Comment

Working...
          X