asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

My friend got this motherboard to go with his new (A)M2 system, along with that he picked up some ocz PC2 DDR 800 4-5-4-15 (something like that) ram. with that ram in the computer, it got all sorts of wierd errors, so i had to borrow the ram from a friend's little brother's comp (only person i know with ddr2 ram). It was junk pc3200 ddr2 ram, but it worked, and i installed windows (i'll probably get him into letting me install slackware on it, once i figure out how to properly setup grub for a raid 0) with that ram i was able to update the bios to the latest version, then the ram he purchased originally worked fine. What was the problem with the original bios? was the voltage too low? could it have just been plain inncomptabile? could it have not agreed with the spd timings?

Everything is working fine now, I'm just very curious as to why that happened.

--Scott

What BIOS version was originally on the board? Did you try clearing the CMOS before swapping the RAM?

Anyhow, glad to see you got it working.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned it in the original post, it was the default 0302 bios, and I updated it to 060# (forgot the last number, but it was brand new)

Yea, I cleared the CMOS, and yes I did it the proper way, by turning off the computer, unplugging the power cable, pushing the power button to clear out any excess power, unplugging the 24 and 2 pin mobo connectors, moving the cmos jumper, removing the cmos battery, waiting a minute, then putting everything back.... I must have cleared the cmos 20 times while i was trying to get it working, and it was an even bigger pain in the butt since the graphics card that was being used is the 7950 GX2, which is HUGE, and covers the cmos jumper, so I had to remove it each time the cmos was cleared.

--Scott
      Last edited by Scott; 07 July 2006, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I read about the problems with OCZ memory modules. Check out reviews at

Buy OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8002GK with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Hi guys . I have a question whit a great matter for me. I want to know about all the errors and problems you know for that klass motherboards and specially about this board and his cooling. And `bout the normal tempreture that the AM2 CPU had on this board ...

Comment

LM_Sensors currently doesn't support the sensors used by this motherboard. The CPU temperatures can, however, be monitored if in the BIOS but not within Linux at this time.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

i would like to know if this motherboard with the last version of the bios more compatible with linux? i mean that i would like to buy it and be sure that the wireless AP would be recognize by the last kernel.

thank you for helping.

Comment

We have the M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Vista Edition that arrived this week so look for a Phoronix review of it in the coming weeks.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

oh thank you! i really want to read about it because i maybe go to buy it... thank you.

Comment

hmmm vista edition? there is not a vista edition on the asus website

Comment

Working...
                    X