Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Fedora 20 Officially Released

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,625

    Default Fedora 20 Officially Released

    Phoronix: Fedora 20 Officially Released

    Fedora 20 "Heisenbug" has been officially released today after being challenged by multiple delays but bringing with it many new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU0NTk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Looks like their plans for a GUI option to try out Wayland failed, especially for non-intel video cards.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Looks like their plans for a GUI option to try out Wayland failed, especially for non-intel video cards.
    Apparently you didn't understand the plan

    http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2013/0...round-wayland/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand the plan

    http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2013/0...round-wayland/
    ...but we hope to rally a bit in order to get it to a state in F20 where we can at least have our GDM Wayland session working.
    This just reinforces what I said, doesn't it? Oh wait, a "GDM Wayland session working" may mean whatever.
    Last edited by mark45; 12-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    944

    Default

    It also talks about an easy to test Wayland preview.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    It also talks about an easy to test Wayland preview.
    For developers, yes. NOT for end users. There was never any plan to push Wayland for end users atleast until Fedora 21.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    527

    Default

    How come the wireless settings need so many more clicks to change settings?
    This seems a step backwards in my opinion.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by intellivision View Post
    How come the wireless settings need so many more clicks to change settings?
    This seems a step backwards in my opinion.
    Are you referring to the installer? desktop environment? How many clicks did it take before and how many does it take now? who knows

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Does steam and steam games work without problems in Fedora? Will the kernel be updated to 3.12?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    Are you referring to the installer? desktop environment? How many clicks did it take before and how many does it take now? who knows
    The Gnome Notification centre, it used to list available WiFi networks and allow you to turn on/off WiFi from the desktop, now that's all buried in the settings application.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •