Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Fedora 20 Officially Released

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,655

    Default Fedora 20 Officially Released

    Phoronix: Fedora 20 Officially Released

    Fedora 20 "Heisenbug" has been officially released today after being challenged by multiple delays but bringing with it many new features...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU0NTk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Looks like their plans for a GUI option to try out Wayland failed, especially for non-intel video cards.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Looks like their plans for a GUI option to try out Wayland failed, especially for non-intel video cards.
    Apparently you didn't understand the plan

    http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2013/0...round-wayland/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand the plan

    http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2013/0...round-wayland/
    ...but we hope to rally a bit in order to get it to a state in F20 where we can at least have our GDM Wayland session working.
    This just reinforces what I said, doesn't it? Oh wait, a "GDM Wayland session working" may mean whatever.
    Last edited by mark45; 12-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    946

    Default

    It also talks about an easy to test Wayland preview.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    It also talks about an easy to test Wayland preview.
    For developers, yes. NOT for end users. There was never any plan to push Wayland for end users atleast until Fedora 21.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •