Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wayland & Weston 1.4 Alpha Released

Quote Originally Posted by phred14 View Post
    Any more news on XWayland? It'll be some time (if ever) before everything I want to run, runs on Wayland. Until then XWayland will be the way to get the best of both world. Last I saw XWayland was bumped out the December 1.15 release of the X server. Any updates?
    slightly off topic - what of the X code base did Apple use, if any, to implement XQuartz? I'm just wondering if any of it is open source and if something can be gleaned from the implementation that might aid xwayland.. not saying it's better or worse, just that it works on OS X well enough to run things like wireshark on XQuartz...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinN View Post
    slightly off topic - what of the X code base did Apple use, if any, to implement XQuartz? I'm just wondering if any of it is open source and if something can be gleaned from the implementation that might aid xwayland.. not saying it's better or worse, just that it works on OS X well enough to run things like wireshark on XQuartz...
    I might be wrong, but since there is a "xquartz" directory in the xserver repo, my guess is that it is fully open source.

Default SDL 2

Meantime Wayland support just landed in SDL2's revision control.
    See here, 14 Dec