Thread: NVIDIA Optimus Linux Power Battery Tests

Default NVIDIA Optimus Linux Power Battery Tests

Phoronix: NVIDIA Optimus Linux Power Battery Tests

Beyond the Zenbook Prime SSD tests, some more performance data to share this Sunday from the ASUS UX32 ultrabook is of the battery power consumption when running some NVIDIA Optimus Linux tests and kernel comparisons...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU0OTk

Complete and TOTAL shot in the dark.... Linux 3.13 power consumption is higher because now that Disk I/O is spread out across multiple cores it keeps CPU cores from going to sleep?

Bumblebee - Optirun
    Not primusrun? The prefered, more actively developed, better maintained, and supposedly better performing backend?

Default Compared to Windows

I'm curious how the idle power compares to Windows. This has been a huge problem for these hybrid graphics devices and a hurdle to using Linux on them for everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroepoch View Post
    I'm curious how the idle power compares to Windows. This has been a huge problem for these hybrid graphics devices and a hurdle to using Linux on them for everyday use.
    When idle and using bumblebee, the nvidia card is powered off. If the power usage is worse then Windows, I don't think it would be because of hybrid graphics.