Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    LOL, i'm not sure that Debian and Slackware users agree with you

FWIW, i use Slackware since i started to use Linux....Slackware 8.0 at that time....
    I also use Debian and Mint (XFCE edition).
    Yes, you're right. I should rather say systemd makes administrating your system easier and gives you much more control. There's no reason to use old sysvint instead systemd or upstart.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Yes, you're right. I should rather say systemd makes administrating your system easier and gives you much more control. There's no reason to use old sysvint instead systemd or upstart.
      Except that sysvinit is tried and true and well supported and well documented. Al ot Systemd implementations still have a lot of papercuts to overcome (like shutting down the network connection before NFS shares are unmounted for example). You also have to keep in mind that even through SteamOS is "hacker friendly" it is still targeted to towards a non-technical audience and as such the "administration" side of the equation is only a real concern to Valve and if they are comfortable with sysvinit then it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Ubuntu is a copyrighted product, as is Debian.
        So too are Slackware and Fedora.

Interesting thing to point out is you can grep ubuntu from the Android sources, v2.2.

Valve made the right move.

Comment

Really great, looking forward to trying it. Based on Debian directly is also a great decision!

Comment

Working...
          X