• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emily Morganti, a PR consultant for Pinkerton Road
    Ofhchourse...

Comment

Originally posted by adler187 View Post
      Looking at what Jane Jensen has said, and some Google searching, I think she's telling the truth. The Moebius kickstarter page, which is a "spiritual successor" to GK, does talk about Linux and she even says that Moebius will be available on Linux. Everything I can find about the GK remake never mentions Linux: TIME, Joystiq and the original GameTrailers interview only mention Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android - exactly as she says.

As much as I'd love having another great game on Linux, I don't think you can get too upset over something that wasn't announced anyway.
      Damn your evidence. The Devil mixes his lies with the truth. Let us froth at the mouth and holler like petulant children so that any developers contemplating Linux ports who have been reading all the conspiracy theories might have second thoughts about getting involved with rabid Linux gamers.

I would be happy to leave the angst and zealotry to the console crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by borsook View Post
        Phoronix has always been professional, in this case they are just reporting the news as they are, the news are screwed up, hardly Phoronix's fault.
        If you say so

Comment

Well, Activision is forgiven from my side. I do hope they will grant the license for Linux later, though.

Comment

Originally posted by barti_ddu View Post
            Bullshit.
            To the max...Activision screwed the pooch and now they are trying to take it back once it left the doghouse. Why not support the indie game developers instead?

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
            Well, Activision is forgiven from my side. I do hope they will grant the license for Linux later, though.
            They haven't really left that door open

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
              To the max...Activision screwed the pooch and now they are trying to take it back once it left the doghouse. Why not support the indie game developers instead?
              Well, the studio making the game is an indie one. Of course, one could support their other game, which isn't Activision's IP (which in turn means the money won't end up going to Activision) and not buy the GK remake.

They haven't really left that door open
              If I get it correctly, there was no door to begin with. It was not considered at all, it was not a denial as it was not even asked for. This means it could get considered later, if, for example, sales are good enough and SteamOS becomes a success.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                I tried to register for there forums so I could respond, but the forum keeps telling me that I didn't put in gabriel knights initials, even though I most certainly did.

Anyway, there suggestion is to run the game in wine, which is all fine and good. But if that is there official recommendation, then they need to make sure they test each release in wine. They need to make sure that every function they implement is something that wine already supports well. Honestly that's a hell of a lot harder to do than a port. The whole situation is retarded. That womens response is obviously damage control. If first impressions are usually correct then my first impression of her is as a liar. If she isn't in fact lying, then at minimum she's really fing stupid.
                apart from the impressive timing on activision's part, i have something to tell you. Do you know the difference between "there", "they're", "Their", "their's" and a few more?
                i don't want to be a grammar nazi, but onestly your post is unreadable.

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                  apart from the impressive timing on activision's part, i have something to tell you. Do you know the difference between "there", "they're", "Their", "their's" and a few more?
                  i don't want to be a grammar nazi, but onestly your post is unreadable.
                  Sorry, English is a third language for me.. In addition I'm also trying to learn ghetto, redneck, the clicking language, and klingon. Sometimes it's hard to keep them separate.

Comment

With Humble Bundle multi platform releases, SteamOS, and Ubuntu, it's kind of stupid for game makers to not make Linux versions.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                      I tried to register for there forums so I could respond, but the forum keeps telling me that I didn't put in gabriel knights initials, even though I most certainly did.

Anyway, there suggestion is to run the game in wine, which is all fine and good. But if that is there official recommendation, then they need to make sure they test each release in wine. They need to make sure that every function they implement is something that wine already supports well. Honestly that's a hell of a lot harder to do than a port. The whole situation is retarded. That womens response is obviously damage control. If first impressions are usually correct then my first impression of her is as a liar. If she isn't in fact lying, then at minimum she's really fing stupid.
                      PR/Marketing people are generally wastes of oxygen. My take is that she's probably got a nice ass that the handful of guys who run the office enjoy looking at and she knows it and works it, and then throws together half-assed crap like this from time to time in an attempt at self justification.

Comment

Working...
                      X