Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

libatiadlxx.so -> might this stand:

library ati architecture DLX X-video ?!

i was joking, since there's no way ati would try to put fglrx on this arch...
    anyway i think that this has something to do either with antialiasing or with video playback.

Comment

No real improvement - previous bugs still present.

[I have a FireGL V5250, with 256 MB graphics memory, in a T60p Thinkpad; Core2 Duo with 2 GB RAM, running Fedora 8.]

There are two main bugs that are still impacting me. One of these is still unfixed in 8.4, and the other is slightly improved.

a) xine is still causing the X server to crash at the end of playing a movie file in Xv mode. Here is the backtrace:
      Code:
      Backtrace:
      0: /usr/bin/X(xf86SigHandler+0x81) [0x80c2f91]
      1: [0xb7f77420]
      2: /lib/libc.so.6(memcpy+0x1c) [0x444448ac]
      3: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4f01d60]
      4: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4f677ae]
      5: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4f3906c]
      6: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4f3981a]
      7: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4ebc0db]
      8: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4eae27e]
      9: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4eabfd4]
      10: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4eab26e]
      11: /usr/lib/xorg/modules//glesx.so [0xb4ea9db9]
      12: /usr/bin/X [0x80d740f]
      13: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libextmod.so(XvdiPutImage+0x174) [0xb7ee5fe4]
      14: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libextmod.so [0xb7ee8fb7]
      15: /usr/bin/X [0x8150d3e]
      16: /usr/bin/X(Dispatch+0x1aa) [0x808881a]
      17: /usr/bin/X(main+0x49a) [0x807054a]
      18: /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe0) [0x443e9390]
      19: /usr/bin/X(FontFileCompleteXLFD+0x1f1) [0x806f831]

Fatal server error:
      Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

(II) AIGLX: Suspending AIGLX clients for VT switch
      This crash dumped me back at a console, and trying to switch consoles after that seemed to lock me in an endless "oops" cycle. But unfortunately, it was all scrolling far too fast for me to actually read any of it.

b) I still cannot play World of Warcraft full-screen at 1680x1050. (Wine 0.9.58, OpenGL mode.) However, with fglrx 8.4 at least WoW doesn't lock up the entire laptop immediately at the login screen any more. Now it completely locks up after a few seconds actual play instead. I suppose that this is progress, of a sort...
      Last edited by chrisr; 16 April 2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

DRI2?

I thought for sure I saw a post from bridgman in another thread about DRI2 stuff coming in 8.4... or at least there were hints in his post that led me to believe such a thing. Oh well... forward looking to 8.5. Keep up the diligent work AMD!

(I know this might be a touchy subject for the team but I haven't seen any news of how, if at all, the open source dev team at AMD was affected by the cuts/resignations a little bit ago... Anyone know? Too early to tell?)

Comment

There's STILL AFTER ALL THIS TIME, TEARING on Xvideo. Kaffeine segfaults when trying to watch dvb using Xvideo. Same old story as always. There is a horizontal line across my screen watching anything using Xvideo. There really is no hope for fglrx is there?

Comment

I started with a default xorg vesa config and deleted /etc/ati before the install.

I can't use compiz fusion with the fglrx generated device section, I need to add -

Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"

or there is no rendering in xterm. I recall from another thread that this was considered an old workaround no longer needed.

Using xorg 7.2 and fusion from git 11th March.

Comment

Ok here are my feedback for this brand new driver with an HD2600 PRO AGP!!!

OS Mandriva Linux 2008.1 "spring"
              P4 2.8E @ 3.3
              1 Gig of dual PC4000 ddr ram in dual channel running at ddr 472
              Everything look good when I use my good old Radeon 9800 Pro

Like the last release the driver work partially for the HD2600 Pro AGP.

Compiz OK
              Video OK
              everything 2D OK

But......
              In Doom3 at ultra quality and at resolution of 1024/768/ the time demo give an average of 15.3 fps
              at Low Quality at a resolution of 640/480 the time demo give me an average of 17.6 fps. At that setting my good old Radeon 9800 pro give me 72 fps with the same driver!!!! (Something is very wrong here)

I have also played urban terror and the game is unplayable!!!

There is something in this driver preventing those type of card (HD2XXX AGP) from reaching there full potential.

I hope someone at AMD will take the time to look at this tread.

For now and since I bought this card (In january) it is going back in it's box, until I find someone to buy it or that a GOOD Linux driver come from AMD!!!
              Last edited by fred; 16 April 2008, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Here is my experience with this driver (disappointed face):

Machine Specs:
                Intel Pentium D 805 @ 2.66 Ghz.
                Intel D101GGC Mother Board
                1 Gig RAM
                Integrated X200 (256 Mb Memory Allocated in BIOS)
                Genius SoundMaker Value 5.1 SoundCard

Tested XVideo video output with Option "VideoOverlay" "on" in xorg.conf:
                The scrambling screen bug continues to happen, and noticeable tearing is happening in the upper section of the video playback area.

Tested Xvideo output with Options "TexturedVideo" and "TexturedVideoSync" both on in xorg.conf:
                No scrambling, but horizontal and vertical movements leave shades and movement seems unnatural.

Tested OpenGL output:
                No OpenGL output video playback is possible with VLC. With Xine and MPlayer video playback is possible, but tearing is noticeable in the upper section of the video playback area, even with VSync activated from CCCLE.

Opinions:

IMHO, this driver release shouldn't be. No important bug fixes this time, and more important, no new bugs inserted into known issues area. in my opinion AMD developers should focus in fixing these small things before going into more complicated stuff ( Example: Crossfire support), because these simple things are more important to the average linux user than other stuff.
                Last edited by linzerd; 16 April 2008, 10:26 PM.

Comment

md5 summ 8.3 = md5 summ 8.4

Why?

Comment

diff -u 8-3/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.h 8-4/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.h

-> absolutely no added hardware for 8-4. the internal version only jumped from 8.471 to 8.476. Unbeleaveable that they needed 5 weeks for that update with bugfixes most people with ever notice. And it does not even run with every (mobile) GPU, will do an update for the PTS image later to make testing more easy. (live fglrx to autoinstall - otherwise radeonhd is used for newer cards).

Comment

I just want to be able to watch youtube videos without my browser crashing after viewing a couple of them. =[

Comment

Working...
                      X