X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright here are my results from this driver, things I tested:

- Savage 2 invisible player model bug is still there

- Glest lockup still exists

- I gained 1 fps average in the Phoronix Test Suite Nexuiz benchmark.

- Tested a couple of avi's and one .mov in VLC and they worked fine.

All in all, its pretty much the same driver as last month minus the little bug fixes they tossed in. At least I don't play Savage 2 or Glest regularly, I mainly use them just for testing purposes with the driver.. But they do need to be fixed.

Its not a bad driver though, it is improving. If anyone stumbles upon something that wasn't noted in the release notes that was fixed be sure to let us in on it.

Comment

yeah improving... but i expected some new features for this version...

good thing the new resolved issues.

let's hope for the next month.

Comment

I have some problems installing(I has similar with 8.3 but not the same)

I am using Ubuntu Gutsy and 8.1 Catalyst
        when I do the:
        Code:
        sudo dpkg -i xorg-driver-fglrx_8.476-0*.deb fglrx-kernel-source_8.476-0*.deb fglrx-amdcccle_8.476-0*.deb
        I get this error for xorg-driver-fglrx:
        dpkg-divert: `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1 to /usr/X11R6/lib32/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx' clashes with `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/X11R6/lib32/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx'
        What do I do? I really want to test the video features of 8.2-8.4

EDIT: I am using amd64
        Last edited by SledgeHammer_999; 16 April 2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Just want to know if HD AGP cards will working anyhow with this 8.4 driver?

Comment

I'm really disappointed that the video playback on the second head in dual head mode still isn't fixed. I just checked in which driver version this known issue first came up and this is now almost a year ago (April 18th 2007)!

I still can't change to the new driver releases because I can't watch movies on my tv. Lets hope 8.5 indeed will bring new major improvements because I'm very disappointed... almost all hope is gone now that the Ati linux drivers will ever reach a level near to the nvidia drivers.

Comment

By the way, I would not recommend looking at the Windows 8.4 Catalyst release notes, you might cry. Haha, I nearly did when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by SledgeHammer_999 View Post
                I have some problems installing(I has similar with 8.3 but not the same)

I am using Ubuntu Gutsy and 8.1 Catalyst
                when I do the:
                Code:
                sudo dpkg -i xorg-driver-fglrx_8.476-0*.deb fglrx-kernel-source_8.476-0*.deb fglrx-amdcccle_8.476-0*.deb
                I get this error for xorg-driver-fglrx:

What do I do? I really want to test the video features of 8.2-8.4
                dpkg-divert: `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1 to /usr/X11R6/lib32/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx' clashes with `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/X11R6/lib32/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx'

I have this same issue!

Ubuntu 64 bits

Anyone?
                Last edited by hobbes; 16 April 2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Did they fix the red and blue inversion when Textured2D is enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

I have this same issue!

Anyone?
                    Same issue under Ubuntu Hardy :\

Comment

Is there a way to watch videos with AIGLX with acceleration and without flickering?

R300 here (Mobility X700)

Comment

Working...
                      X