No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 8.4 Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and didn't like this driver. When I restart X after installing it I had no 3D support, and a reboot later I got black screen of death.
    I read in the unofficial wiki that you can fix it by changing the memory from dedicated to shared, but I'm on a X200M and can't reduce the shared memory because my BIOS don't let that.
    8.3 gives me a broken X.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      b) I still cannot play World of Warcraft full-screen at 1680x1050. (Wine 0.9.58, OpenGL mode.) However, with fglrx 8.4 at least WoW doesn't lock up the entire laptop immediately at the login screen any more. Now it completely locks up after a few seconds actual play instead. I suppose that this is progress, of a sort...
      I had the same problem ? running Ubuntu Hardy on the same hardware. I solved it by adding the ?virtual? workaround which was needed for 8-2 to get OpenGL working.

Try adding
      Code:
      virtual 1728 1088
      to your xorg.conf. It might work?

Comment

Hello everybody i have an ATI RADEON HD2600 PRO AGP.
        And it's working perfectely with compiz!!.
        Here's how i did it maybe it works for you too:
        Download the latest driver from ATI (http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html)
        in terminal:
        sudo apt-get update
        (install driver)
        sudo sh ./ati-driver-installer-8-5-x86_64.run
        sudo aticonfig --initial
        sudo aticonfig -overlay-type=Xv
        Then Reboot!
        And that's it. Now you can go to ATI CAtalyst.
        And one thing, this didn't work when i started ubuntu whith the 2...17 kernel, it only worked with 2....16 kernel.
        Before it worked on my ubuntu, i had a lot of drivers and things in my pc, so i reinstalled ubuntu, and then i tried and worked.
        Hope this works to all of you too.
        Here's what it shows me when i do "fglrxinfo":
        display: :0.0 screen: 0
        OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
        OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP
        OpenGL version string: 2.1.7537 Release
        Bye, Ansraliant

Comment

Working...
        X