No announcement yet.

Digia Officially Releases Qt 5.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! A free and Free world-class toolkit available to users of all systems, including Linux. Excellent news for all of us who actually care about GPL software and the Linux ecosystem.

I see that Honton's criticism has boiled down to "Qt doesn't develop systemd", which is a new low for him. Still, I would argue that not developing systemd is quite OK compared to promoting Microsoft .Net, which is what Honton's favourite project was doing for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      Qt is a commercial framework who targets and prioritizes market share over freedom. Blackberry and Win RT are Qt's best friends.
      So is Linus Torvalds an enemy of freedom?

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
        Isn't it funny how Honton, the self proclaimed defender of freedom, was conveniently absent in a thread about one of his beloved projects (GStreamer) introducing support for DRM, but is immediately present when it comes to blame other projects for anything he doesn't like?
        Hypocrisy in its purest form.
        He also is absent in all the threads about projects switching to Qt, including the one about one of Linus Torvald's projects switching to Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
          Let us hope for a time when an article about Qt can exist without trolls in the comments...
          Can I hope for a time where non-trollers will just ignore trolls and stop responding to them?? No, sensless... :'(

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
            So Windows is GTKs best friend...
            No, not really

Comment

Does Linus demand CLA?
              Not sure about that but I know that projects like node.js do

Comment

I would say barely running
                So being feature incomplete is now a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
                  So being feature incomplete is now a good thing?
                  Offtopic

Comment

Let me help you. Linus does not demand CLA signing for Linux or Git. Funny story.
                    That's awesome!

Now we only need to find a compiler that doesn't need copyright assignment that can compile his code!

It would be really bad if "The Stack (TM)" needed to be built using non-free code that takes copyright away from the community.

Comment

Too bad you didn't realize it is Dirk's project now, and he made the call for Qt.
                      And Linus helped with the port.

Comment

Working...
                      X