AMD APU vs. Radeon GPU Open-Source Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    No he doesn't. He none of his game benchmarks mean anything. The 6450 for example is benchmarked at a completely unplayable setting and cannot represent gameplay performance for that card. The way he is benchmarking that card is completely worthless. It has zero value.

I could go on, but I've already ranted about his worthless benches multiple times.
    Why are there so few adults on phoronix? You were wrong. Just admit it. Do you really want me to just grab the quote? Are you purposefully misunderstanding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      The testing isn't about letting you know if a game is playable or not per se but using it as a means of measuring/comparing performance improvements and differences, etc. I don't even play video games myself nor do a majority of the companies using PTS care about the game performance from that metric.
      Since you just admitted that you don't know, then let me take this opportunity to tell you.... That -is- the metric that all gamers care about.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
        Why are there so few adults on phoronix? You were wrong. Just admit it. Do you really want me to just grab the quote? Are you purposefully misunderstanding me?
        I'm afraid you have me confused with another poster, I responded because I agreed that HardOCP does game benchmarks the best.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          Since you just admitted that you don't know, then let me take this opportunity to tell you.... That -is- the metric that all gamers care about.
          I was telling you what I care about. I know gamers care about achieving consistently at least 60 FPS.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I was telling you what I care about. I know gamers care about achieving consistently at least 60 FPS.
            Phoronix Media, Phoronix, Linux media network, Linux advertising, Linux news, Linux benchmarking, Linux gaming, Linux enthusiasts, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix Media is the largest Internet media company devoted to enriching the Linux hardware experience and catering its content to Linux gamers and computer enthusiasts.
            If you cater to Linux gamers, shouldn't you care about what gamers care about?

Comment

Ouch. Why are they pretending to do a fair compare, if each playthrough is manual? Their numbers are meaningless.

On the presentation, like others said, it's the exact same info, just presented differently. I really don't care if the min/max numbers were also in table form, because they alone are not that useful: what if it was a single anomalous spike? In the graph you can see how often the spikes appear.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Ouch. Why are they pretending to do a fair compare, if each playthrough is manual? Their numbers are meaningless.

On the presentation, like others said, it's the exact same info, just presented differently. I really don't care if the min/max numbers were also in table form, because they alone are not that useful: what if it was a single anomalous spike? In the graph you can see how often the spikes appear.
                That's the point. It's actual gameplay. the whole point is to find those spikes and dips. To run around and look for them. These numbers have the most value because this is what you can expect when you play.

Comment

Seriously, lets not get to this again. Their numbers are completely meaningless, of zero value - you can't expect anything from reading those.

Comment

The folks from HardOCP know that the numbers are meaningless, but they include them anyway because people keep asking for them.

The only thing that matters for a [H] review is the gameplay experience, something which can only be poorly expressed in terms of fps numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                      Seriously, lets not get to this again. Their numbers are completely meaningless, of zero value - you can't expect anything from reading those.
                      You say that are meaningless with no explanation for why.

The fact is that the reason they -ARE- meaningful is because they run at the best playable configuration with information on the hardware and setup that was used to achieve that configuration. That's extremely useful to know.

What's not meaningful is a game benchmark that runs at 3 frames or 300 frames. Those have no value. Nobody is going to use that configuration to play that game on that hardware. Tell me where is the value in benchmarking a game using settings that nobody is going to use.

Comment

Working...
                      X