Thread: Freedreno Gains Support For The Adreno 330

Default Freedreno Gains Support For The Adreno 330

Phoronix: Freedreno Gains Support For The Adreno 330

The Freedreno open-source Gallium3D driver for reverse-engineered open-source support for Qualcomm's Adreno/Snapdragon graphics now has support for the new Adreno 330 within the driver's shader compiler...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUzNzg

The A420 should be really interesting on the mobile front since it pushes the Snapdragon's GPU from being DirectX 9 class hardware to now DirectX 11.1 and also features much improved performance.
    Which gives, in terms of opengl... ?

Quote Originally Posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
    2.1 -> 4.4, i assume. Although the current drivers only support 1.4 rather than 2.1 like the hardware is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    2.1 -> 4.4, i assume. Although the current drivers only support 1.4 rather than 2.1 like the hardware is capable of.
    More around GL4.3. GL4.4 is a bit closer to D3D11.2.

The GL versions very weakly map to D3D versions, however. D3D9 had plenty of features not in GL2.1 and D3D10 has features that weren't added to GL3 and later revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
    it gives a lot more features that we can implement in freedreno before we have to worry about running out of things to do :-P

Quote Originally Posted by robclark View Post
    it gives a lot more features that we can implement in freedreno before we have to worry about running out of things to do :-P
    Good one.

It's nice to hear that the 330 is being worked on, as I got my Nexus 5 late last week. For now, I'll probably stick with Android 4.4 on it, but there will come a day that I get the itch to go to a 3rd party ROM or dual-boot into another OS, and anything that improves the quality of the future support is appreciated.

And given that you've managed to improve upon the stock Adreno drivers in quite a few ways in the past, I have faith that your efforts with the 330 and higher will be productive.

Default some useful ang good ided you have owned

It's nice to hear that the 330 is being worked on, as I got my Nexus 5 late last week.

Default wonderful

Awesome , while it gives a lot more features that we can implement in freedreno before we have to worry about running out of things to do :-P