Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.8 Updates Its Mono Support

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.8 Updates Its Mono Support

Wine 1.7.8 has been released as the latest bi-weekly development version of Wine to run your favorite Windows programs on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Wine 1.7.8 Updates Its Mono Support

Wine 1.7.8 has been released as the latest bi-weekly development version of Wine to run your favorite Windows programs on Linux and other operating systems...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUzNzA

This is also reportedly required for a fix that prevents Steam with the December 3rd update from running properly under wine. http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming...pdate_in_wine/

Comment

Reporting from Wine 1.7.8, steam december 03 works without problems and back works Assasins Creed Brotherhood

Comment

No direct3d stuff yet?
        :-/

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
          No direct3d stuff yet?
          :-/
          There were a lot of wined3d related commits, maybe some of them in preparation for the Command Stream patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitiquinho View Post
            There were a lot of wined3d related commits, maybe some of them in preparation for the Command Stream patches.
            That is correct ... Since, Wine-1.7.4 - there has been MANY commits on Wined3d in preparation of CSMT. I have a patch for older CMST (from CX13/wine1.7.4). Applying them to 1.7.8 shows a number of patches have already landed in Wine (NOTE: I've already messed around with this patch, so there is a couple of handfuls of commits that aren't shown here);

2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/ddraw/ddraw.c.rej
            Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.
            6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/ddraw/surface.c.rej
            1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/windowscodecs/proxy.c.rej
            1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/windowscodecs/windowscodecs.spec.rej
            4 out of 35 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/context.c.rej
            7 out of 68 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/device.c.rej
            26 out of 26 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/directx.c.rej
            3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/drawprim.c.rej
            53 out of 128 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/surface.c.rej
            15 out of 15 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/swapchain.c.rej
            8 out of 24 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/texture.c.rej
            3 out of 20 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/volume.c.rej
            6 out of 44 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/wined3d_private.h.rej
            1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/event.c.rej
            1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/window.c.rej
            1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/x11drv_main.c.rej
            1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file dlls/xinput1_3/xinput1_3_main.c.rej
            1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/wine/server_protocol.h.rej
            3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file include/wine/wgl_driver.h.rej

any 'Reversed/previously applied' means Wine already includes those changes... Even some of these failures, are really just some manual adjustments that need to be made, because the lines around the chunk(to patch) do not read the same / have changed since wine-1.7.4 (with the odd one maybe needing some adjustment). After a 1/2 hour of playing around, I'm left with only these to fix;

7 out of 68 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/device.c.rej
            3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/drawprim.c.rej
            53 out of 128 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/surface.c.rej
            8 out of 24 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/texture.c.rej
            3 out of 20 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/volume.c.rej
            6 out of 44 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/wined3d/wined3d_private.h.rej
            1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/event.c.rej
            1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/window.c.rej
            1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/winex11.drv/x11drv_main.c.rej

Most of these are trivial to fix as well, although there was one chunk in dlls/wined3d/device.c that looked tricky to apply. (haven't looked at surface.c yet, but I bet 50/53 that FAILED are prolly easy to fix).... Maybe I'll have another stab when 1.7.9 is released - it's not a high priority for me, since i am not a gamer.

My guess is CMST will land in Wine, in the not-so-distant future...

Comment

I tested wine 1.7.1 precompiled cmst patched version from here:

Very impressive! Some games i could not play because they are too slow runs now in full speed.
              But the games sometimes could freeze, it is not enough stable, but not so far.

I look forward to install the final version, wine devs do a great job!

Comment

Working...
              X