Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.3 To Focus On Performance, Stability

Phoronix: Qt 5.3 To Focus On Performance, Stability

While the Qt 5.1 and 5.2 updates brought a large number of new features to the Qt5 platform, the Qt 5.3 release is being planned as the next Qt tool-kit update more about improving performance and stability...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix forums ! Prepare yourself, for that a fiery assault of honton shall now begin.

edit: goddammit, it was so much better in caps lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
      In 15 years' time we might reach the level of Gnome's efforts.
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa. :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
        Yeah, I heard Digia will do a special christmas release. The CLA will be removed and KDE will terminate the Free Qt agreement and burn it at the stakes.

Knoll: "We decided the GPL wasn't stinky after all, and we told KDE we won't force them to loooove the CLA social bribe anymore. It is a great relief to leave the commercial license business after all these years of f...ing the Free Software world. We acknowledge that we need to claim full for this mistake and redirect all our resources to develop the complete linux stack. In 15 years' time we might reach the level of Gnome's efforts. Have a nice christmas and remember we are a changed company. Now we care for Freedom and Linux. We will do away with all that Blackberry and windows s...!. True story bro!!"

Ettrich: "Yeah, and I'm back from my years of treason at Nokia/Microsoft. As the KDE founder I'm responsible for accepting Qt's bad licensing. I'm glad Gnome went along and created a better desktop because they had better licensing standards. I need to get this out of my system. I hope the Clown Squad will stop being d...s about the Qt Free agreement. Anyone sane can read it and understand it does not cover the whole Qt but just Qt Free Editon for a few platforms."

That was what i heard through the grape wine. Really.
        Even the doctor who christmas specials don't end THAT well.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
          Phoronix forums ! Prepare yourself, for that a fiery assault of honton shall now begin.

edit: goddammit, it was so much better in caps lock.
          It's so sad that our great friend funkSTAR is no longer here... wait. When did Honton joined?

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
            It's so sad that our great friend funkSTAR is no longer here... wait. When did Honton joined?

god bless us and spare us from eejits.

i think that is how the old catechism goes...

Comment

Working...
            X