Steam Client Update Sends Down Lots Of Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    did ...did you test if it is recognized correctly? I mean...can you control a game by moving it?
    I haven't tested any game but I can confirm that it is recognized as a controller and the axis can easily be configured to work correctly. It's very precise on my Thinkpad X200 tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
      did ...did you test if it is recognized correctly? I mean...can you control a game by moving it?
      It doesn't work (yet, anyway) with Steam, sadly - the axes and amplitudes are way off, and I haven't tried adjusting them for it yet.

It does work (after changing the amplitude a LOT and inverting one axis with jstest-gtk) with SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 though.
      Steering a go-karting penguin around by wobbling my little old laptop about is kinda fun.

Originally posted by trougnouf View Post
      I haven't tested any game but I can confirm that it is recognized as a controller and the axis can easily be configured to work correctly. It's very precise on my Thinkpad X200 tablet.
      Clearly more than one person had the same idea. Mine's a standard (not-tablety) X200.

Comment

Originally posted by trougnouf View Post
        It the same sensor used in phones and tablets. It was just originally designed to protect harddrives

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          It the same sensor used in phones and tablets. It was just originally designed to protect harddrives
          It does seem just a little bit overspecified for that purpose - surely HDD spindown only needs to know 'accelerating quite a lot' rather than enough accuracy in three dimensions to give reliable angles to a degree or two?

Not that I'm complaining of course!

Comment

Working...
          X