Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Jumbo Bundle Has Serious Sam 3, Garry's Mod

Phoronix: Humble Jumbo Bundle Has Serious Sam 3, Garry's Mod

The Humble Jumbo Bundle premiered today where you can pay what you want for Garry's Mod, Serious Sam 3: BFE, and other new game titles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd say watch out for NS2, it crashes on a lot of nvidia hardware when you try to shoot anything, and the devs have been "working on it" for two months now with no results

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
      I'd say watch out for NS2, it crashes on a lot of nvidia hardware when you try to shoot anything, and the devs have been "working on it" for two months now with no results
      We play it at work for after hours LAN partys and for the most part its been working fine on our NVIDIA hardware. It did crash on me once though and I was not able to join the game again as it said I was still in it.

Comment

Seems like a great bundle... but I already have those games installed. The only complaint with NS2 I have is that I get 20 FPS less in Linux (in Windows > 40 and Linux < 30 fps, with same settings). I've got a GTS 450 and for me it is unplayable on Linux :/. I really hope performance of this game on Linux, will improve.

Comment

Good games, not the best platform support

Comment

Top Steam Linux Games

I already have NS2, Garry Mod and SS3.
            These are some of the best games avaiable on Steam Linux

This is one of the best bundles yet (despite half being win only). Get it!

Comment

Just got it for Gary's Mod and Natural Selection 2.

Comment

Anyone know if SS3 is now better under r600g?

Last time I checked I could even set 1600x900... on lowest settings.
                Or 800x600 on lowest settings.

Or anything untill settings where kept to lowest.

(3.13+Oilbaf PPA+5730M)

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                  Anyone know if SS3 is now better under r600g?

Last time I checked I could even set 1600x900... on lowest settings.
                  Or 800x600 on lowest settings.

Or anything untill settings where kept to lowest.

(3.13+Oilbaf PPA+5730M)
                  HD 6670 + Oibaf + 3.12 here. About 30 fps (min ~15, max >60) on medium, 1920x1080.

BTW. Resolution doesn't matter in SS3. It uses upscaling, check "Megapixels" in the performance options.

Comment

Working...
                  X