Smoking HDD? Hopefully not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking HDD? Hopefully not!

I want to run exhaustive tests on my HDD and RAID. I'm not too interested in benchmarking so much as hardware integrity. What PTS tests would you fine folks suggest for me?

Well, tiobench has my disk I/O throttled at 99%! woo hoo!

Comment

fio has been killing my RAID at over 80% utilization for almost 3 hours! No smoke yet

Comment

Originally posted by rackit View Post
        fio has been killing my RAID at over 80% utilization for almost 3 hours! No smoke yet
        Your are probably doing more harm then good by putting unnecessary wear and tear on the drives. Nothing is preventing the drive from going bad shortly after going into "production mode".

Comment

I understand. There was a failed component and I just had to be certain that it wasn't the disks. It was the backplate - which has been removed.

Comment

Quality

Originally posted by rackit View Post
            I want to run exhaustive tests on my HDD and RAID. I'm not too interested in benchmarking so much as hardware integrity. What PTS tests would you fine folks suggest for me?
            I don't know about this e cigarette brand. hope you will explain it for me. i wanna taste it.

Comment

Run SMART self-tests and also look at other SMART values. They should inicate if the drive failed in the past.

Comment

Working...
              X