Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Should Be Very Exciting For Linux Users

Phoronix: December Should Be Very Exciting For Linux Users

While November was a great and very busy month, December will hopefully be even better. Here's a look at some of the exciting Linux / open-source milestones to be conquered this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be great to see a benchmark on Left 4 Dead 2, since when I tried running that on my FOSS radeon drivers (4850 and 4890) there are several graphical glitches (especially clothing on the black chick, but for some reason not the other models) and quite bad performance if I'm playing with a high resolution (2650x1600), even though the Catalyst drivers have no issue with it in Windows 7. The amount of Zombies at some sections of the game is a great benchmark!

Edit: Smoke is also something that is sometimes problematic.

Comment

Isn't Xorg 1.15 coming out before the end of the year, too? Might solve some of the issues I'm running into with differing ABI versions. :<

Comment

Re

Qt 5.2 is also getting released in december.

Comment

Enlightenment E18 as well.

Comment

What about Blizzard Michael? Do you think we will finally see whatever it is you were hinting at almost 1 year ago?

Comment

Re: December Should Be Very Exciting For Linux Users

and Fedora 20 on the 10th if no further delays.

Comment

Working...
              X