Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitrig Is Still Around, But Without An Official Release

Phoronix: Bitrig Is Still Around, But Without An Official Release

Last year I wrote about OpenBSD being forked as Bitrig, a new BSD operating system. It's been a year and a half since the project's inception but there still isn't an official release, except there are development snapshots and there is still development work happening...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    BSD runs on the 'no release is better than a release' mantra. Which is a good thing. Hopefully other BSDs will follow suit.
    I've got something better: don't release at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      How about you put your own software to be judged before you go around judging someone else's work?

Put up or shut up.

Comment

And there goes the "anti-BSD troll"...

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
          And there goes the "anti-BSD troll"...
          And here goes anti-Linux troll. Didn't I show you BSD has zero market share? Is this my fault they took my advice seriously?

Comment

And here goes anti-Linux troll. Didn't I show you BSD has zero market share? Is this my fault they took my advice seriously?
            Nahhhh... Linux is great!
            And I showed you how BSD OWNS the desktop...

Comment

Zero? Explain that figure when moot from 4chan talks about how they still use FreeBSD 9.2 here, https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6835392

Comment

Only a complete loser cares about market share. If I cared about market share I would be running Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                  Zero? Explain that figure when moot from 4chan talks about how they still use FreeBSD 9.2 here, https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6835392
                  From the page you linked:

Originally posted by moot
                  Sometimes (read: often) it sucks to be a FreeBSD user.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                    Nahhhh... Linux is great!
                    And I showed you how BSD OWNS the desktop...
                    Yeah, but you're mistaken, sir. :> There's no *BSD kernel, but BSD licensed bits. That makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X