Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New Linux Benchmarks To Run This Weekend

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,914

    Default New Linux Benchmarks To Run This Weekend

    Phoronix: New Linux Benchmarks To Run This Weekend

    If you have some extra CPU time this weekend, why not try out one of our new/updated test profiles and share your Linux hardware/software performance benchmarks with the community?..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUzMTU

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: New Linux Benchmarks To Run This Weekend

    If you have some extra CPU time this weekend, why not try out one of our new/updated test profiles and share your Linux hardware/software performance benchmarks with the community?..

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUzMTU

    What I would like...

    Testing ethernet and wifi cards, with different features.

    Testing boot speed with different init systems: sysv, systemd, upstart, OpenRC...

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
    What I would like...

    Testing ethernet and wifi cards, with different features.
    Networking really doesn't interest me at all [nor would it bring Phoronix.com traffic if writing about them] so right now there's only a network-loopback test and any other WiFi/Ethernet testing would only come via commercial engagements.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    With all that hardware Michael has laying around, I have no doubt he's pulling in millions in just Litecoin mining.

    Speaking of which... is there any way to benchmark crypto-currency stuff on Linux?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Speaking of which... is there any way to benchmark crypto-currency stuff on Linux?
    Ha, I'd like to see that! earned $/Watt, each system compared

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •