Mesa 10.0 Release Brings OpenGL 3.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by startzz View Post
    Go home dude, ur drunk. I just stated FACT, that overall gaming performance on linux with intel graphics still is unacceptable. It has to do with mesa in this way - mesa still sucks. I see, that "trolling" u kids call what is hard for you to understand and u are not fanboy of those facts.
    It seems you have missed some FACTS:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
      It seems you have missed some FACTS:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag..._compare&num=3
      This is not a fact, its just one useless benchmark running at terrible terrible laaag and one useless game that no one plays. Plus it was done only by Intel HD Graphics 4000, and there is much more to test, from intel hd1000 to hd5200, Plus there was no testing, linux intel drivers only supports opengl 2 for now, and only opengl 3 support is coming with mesa 10, wich is still pathetic... It is almost the same thing as having 3x nvidia titans in one pc and saying that nvidia rules...
      As i said, the opposite test : intel hd graphics 1000, game - torchlight; linux fps - ~15, totally unplayable, windows 7-8.1 - ~50-60 fps.
      Last edited by startzz; 02 December 2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Go home dude, ur drunk. I just stated FACT, that overall gaming performance on linux with intel graphics still is unacceptable. It has to do with mesa in this way - mesa still sucks. I see, that "trolling" u kids call what is hard for you to understand and u are not fanboy of those facts.
        If the Windows version running on Wine is faster than the native version then devius is probably right. Seems like this would be due to a poor quality port rather than being Mesa/Intels fault.

Comment

As i said, the opposite test : intel hd graphics 1000, game - torchlight; linux fps - ~15, totally unplayable, windows 7-8.1 - ~50-60 fps.
          Torchlight is in fact perfectly playable on Intel HD Graphics (maybe not in Full HD ? I played it in 1280?960.)

Comment

Working...
          X