Exciting Features For Fedora 20 "Heisenbug"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Rahul, a query for you though-- sorry if you're the wrong person to be asking. Under Apper in the KDE spin there's a set of config options to enable checking for distribution upgrades, not just package upgrades. Any possibility of one day actually -using- that feature, using fedup as the backend? Like just have packagekit tell the user a week or so after release "Hey! Good news! The next fedora version is out! Click me if you want to upgrade!" and its basically just a graphical frontend to "fedup -n (`$RELEASE`+1)" Sorry if the bash syntax is wrong but hopefully you get my point :P I don't know if the Gnome Software app has a similar config option, but it seems like a good use of it if it does.
    GNOME PackageKit actually used to call preupgrade in Fedora to do what you are suggesting. I don't think they have hooked up either GNOME Software or Apper with fedup though. Perhaps you can file a RFE in Red Hat bugzila against apper? I am not involved in those projects directly other than contributing some documentation for GNOME PackageKit.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
      I am nearly shocked that its not in fedora at release but ok, if it would come as update no big problem, but I dont like that its not 99.9% shure a "might" is not really good for me.
      Hence my question here
      Is there a way for a non savvy (who can't just pull from git and compile these) to get those components sooner on F19 or, preferably, on F20? The reason I ask is that this combination is the only thing which may end my year-long ordeal with tearing in Gnome Shell on Intel Graphics. The clutter_paint workaround is not an option. See the bug report for details https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=711028 I was hoping F20 will ship the latest of those three, but it's not the case.

on how to i stall Mesa 10 and Xorg 1.15 with DRI3 sooner. There's a high risk the wait will end not sooner than February 2014. Just a hunch...

Comment

Fedora 20 ridden with bugs

Bleeding edge, ok, but you would except at least 50 % of it to work reasonably. It doesn't. It's just utterly rubbish.

The default Gnome shell (DE for retards) might work, but the KDE spin is just totally unworkable.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          Bleeding edge, ok, but you would except at least 50 % of it to work reasonably. It doesn't. It's just utterly rubbish.

The default Gnome shell (DE for retards) might work, but the KDE spin is just totally unworkable.
          Specific bugs? Got the Fedora KDE spin as my main distro, just jumped up to F20 and everything's working fine here o.O
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
          X