Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Mint 16 Officially Released, Using Cinnamon 2.0

Phoronix: Linux Mint 16 Officially Released, Using Cinnamon 2.0

The Linux Mint crew has released version 16 "Petra" of their popular Ubuntu Linux derivative which ships the MATE and Cinnamon 2.0 desktops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is a huge improvement for my setup, some nasty bugs have been corrected and cinnamon2 overall seems nice.

Comment

I think Mint was better with gnome2. Today is just "chapuza"

Comment

Originally posted by felipe View Post
        I think Mint was better with gnome2. Today is just "chapuza"
        Sooooo, use the mate version? It is pretty clean, and I use it on old hardware for nostalgic purposes. I have absolutely no idea how configurable it is. From what I've been reading, Cinnamon's focus recently has been trying to remove a lot of the base dependancies from Gnome, and MATE has stabilised enough to be useful daily (Which I can attest to). Both good alternatives to LXDE and XFCE. KDE is another world unto its own!

Okay I've tangenitalised enough.
        Hi

Comment

Cinnamon 2.0 is pretty awesome, been using it for a while now. They memory leak problems back in 1.8 seem to be fixed, along with other annoying bugs. There's also some pretty sweet features.

Comment

Working...
          X