No announcement yet.

AMD "RadeonSI" Team Fortress 2 Is Now 75% Faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great news; hopefully other games will benefit similarly from it too

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
      That looks like it probably patched ok. Apparently one of the changes has already been made by another patch. Did you try compiling it?
      Yes i did but without that patch. (i'm total nob)
      It looks good unigine-valley +13%, unigine-sanctuary +7%, serious sam 3 still unplayable. I don't have on disk any source games so i don't try. And it's all without patch no.10

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
        serious sam 3 still unplayable
        Really unplayable? Because I can run it with Intel HD Gfx 1st gen (OpenGL 2.1, GLSL 1.20)? I have to set the resolution and everything else to the minimum to get something like 10-15 fps, and there are a few black textures in the intro, but it?s technically playable .

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
          Yes i did but without that patch. (i'm total nob)
          It looks good unigine-valley +13%, unigine-sanctuary +7%, serious sam 3 still unplayable. I don't have on disk any source games so i don't try. And it's all without patch no.10
          The patch 10 is the most important one.

Comment

So i''ll wait for commits in main tree. I can live with that
            Thx Marek

@stqn it works, but framerate is abaut 8-25fps, too low for enjoy.

Comment

i've just used my brain and patch no.10 works for now (the problem was " at " instead "@" in email address) like i said i'm nob

Comment

Does this change the FPS of other games too? Some benchmarks would be nice.

Comment

I'd Love to See Open Source Drivers Up to Date with Current Hardware

If the development efforts towards the open source drivers really are going to speed up (that's one interpretation of recent comments about Linux drivers by AMD), then perhaps I would consider AMD for my next desktop graphics card (like the one I'm currently using but am not too thrilled with the driver situation). A laptop is a more likely next purchase for me however (as my current one is four years old), and I am leaning away from AMD graphics on that for the moment. I'm in no hurry to make a purchase, though, since my four year old laptop runs so well now with the open source AMD drivers (it's a mobile 4850).

The upside of a new laptop would be an IPS screen with the possibility of being thin, light, and powerful with good battery life (my old one was powerful (Core 2 Quad), but battery life is so-so at best, and thin and light it is not). The downside is a departure from the 16:10 screen ratio (I like 16:10 and 3:2, not so much the old 4:3 or the newer 16:9), probably a smaller screen (17 inch is not the most portable but can be nice), and the possibility that the hardware/software combination will not be as stable as what I have now.

Comment

Working...
                  X