Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the RPM package after ati-driver-build Mandriva/2008

Hello,

When I try to create a rpm package on my Laptop with Mobility Radeon X1400 with Mandriva 2008.0 using the AMD/ATI installer 8.3.
    I get no errors but the temporary directory disappears before I can copy the package.

The installation process works fine, however I want to create a rpm package for another laptop that has no kernel sources nor compiler installed .

In my console I got:
    [root@PCL-LNX-MS Desktop]#./ati-driver-installer-8-3-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Mandriva/2008
    Created directory fglrx-install.E15616
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.471............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..
    ==================================================
    ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
    ==================================================
    Generating package: Mandriva/2008
    Please install the rpm-build package !
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.E15616
    [root@PCL-LNX-MS Desktop]#

Where should I look after this rpm package after it was successfully created?

Why not use the packages in the Mandriva repository? It works charm here with DKMS. You can find 8.3 in the Contrib repository

Comment

Originally posted by chikazuku View Post
      Why not use the packages in the Mandriva repository? It works charm here with DKMS. You can find 8.3 in the Contrib repository
      Thank you for this useful information. I installed the fglrx X11 video driver 8.471. Didn't knew that an upgrade was available for version 8.40 yet. And indeed it seems to be a good/stable working driver. Ati Catalyst control center is working fine now. My second screen works for the 100%.

Comment

Working...
      X