21-Way Open-Source AMD/Intel/NVIDIA GPU Benchmarks On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stqn View Post
    LLVM 3.4 hasn?t been released yet, so it can?t be old.
    It means nothing because LLVM 3.5 has already been branched and got important radeon fixes like Xonotic and Serious Sam 3 which finally work at higher quality settings.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      It means nothing because LLVM 3.5 has already been branched and got important radeon fixes like Xonotic and Serious Sam 3 which finally work at higher quality settings.
      It?s good to know. Do you know if Metro: LL works on radeonsi with LLVM 3.4?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        It’s good to know. Do you know if Metro: LL works on radeonsi with LLVM 3.4?
        I bought Metro LL but I still didn't try it because it's unplayable even with fglrx with a 7950. I will test it and let you know.

Edit: now I remember! it doesn't work because it requires OpenGL 3.2 while we have 3.1 in radeonsi.
        ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
          Michael, we need APU tests also !
          You made Intel iGPU but not AMD APU iGPU tests !

Results for a A10-5800K or a A10-6800K would be useful and interesting !
          Totally agree since the APUs are AMD's most attractive products. (yes, i mean it! )

Comment

Kernel Panic!

Michael the kernel panic you faced at the test happened to me quite a few times here but with 3.12 Kernel!

Radeon HD 5850 here and all latest Mesa Xorg git stuff... Using DPM of course...
            It happened most of the times when the screen turned off for powersaving or even made the system look stalled! That is not the case for openSuSE's stock 3.11.6 kernel!!

Very strange...

Comment

radeonsi

@darkbasic
              yes it needs GL3.2 so you can set MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 and metro should work but it's ugly, really ugly! We have to wait for GS i think, but i have no hope for my verdeXT

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
                @darkbasic
                yes it needs GL3.2 so you can set MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 and metro should work but it's ugly, really ugly! We have to wait for GS i think, but i have no hope for my verdeXT
                Yeah I think I read it in the bug report.
                I don't like those portings anyway, the OpenGL version really sucks compared to Direct3D, both in performance and visual quality.
                For my standards AAA games are just unplayable in Linux right now, we will have to wait a year or two to reach parity with Windows.
                ## VGA ##

Comment

Good to see RadeonSI is on a good pace to getting mature.

By the time of Fedora 21, I could see Metro: LL running it.

Comment

Those fixes are being backported for the 3.4 release.

Comment

Is it a huge fix? Sounds like something that should really get back-ported to 3.4.

Comment

Working...
                      X