Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 Linux Racing Game Speeds Ahead

Phoronix: SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 Linux Racing Game Speeds Ahead

For the fans out there of SuperTuxKart, an open-source racing game inspired by Mario Kart that's available for countless platforms, the v0.8.1 release is finally available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

those nintendo 64 graphics are nostalgic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
      Time to see if the 0.8.1 release is worthwhile for updating the SuperTuxKart benchmarking profile for any GPU/driver tests.
      As already mentioned, the simulation mode is not a benchmark mode. It is not repeatable!

Comment

This game uses the Battlefield 4 engine.

Comment

To be honest, SuperTuxKart in its newer versions is actually really fun and I play it every now and then.

Also re: graphics, they have been working on improved graphics for months, but this work will only debut with 0.9/1.0 (the next major release).

Comment

I wouldn't call it a "sad" minor update. There were already plenty of tracks and karts to choose from, so I don't think adding those are the main focus anymore. The bubblegum protector and nitro changes have changed the feel of the game, making it less chaotic and emphasizing skill/strategy over luck a bit more.

The main feature they lack is network play.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
              those nintendo 64 graphics are nostalgic
              Really. Nintendo 64 was notorious with its blur fest due excessive use of antialiasing.
              SuperTux Kart barely touchs Dreamcast quality especially the characters.

Comment

DanL from Longplays.org?

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                I wouldn't call it a "sad" minor update. There were already plenty of tracks and karts to choose from, so I don't think adding those are the main focus anymore. The bubblegum protector and nitro changes have changed the feel of the game, making it less chaotic and emphasizing skill/strategy over luck a bit more.

The main feature they lack is network play.
                DanL, I always wanted to know if you are the same person as the one on Longplays.org, and since this shows that You seem to be interested in games, I figured "why not"?
                If so, I would like to seize this moment to thank You for the really great playthroughs of the 'Half-Life' series!
                Keep up the great work!

Comment

Oh hey they got around to use the beastie model i made. Neat
                  Comparison

To

I wouldnt say the mascots are the major weakpoint, but i certainly agree with the (poor) n64 look. Moreso its lacking a bit.. cartoonish styling. Animations would also greatly help ifthey improved.

Comment

Like two peas:

Comment

Working...
                    X