Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to play original Bluray discs from XBMC in Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play original Bluray discs from XBMC in Linux?

Hi all,

I've a HTPC with kubuntu and XBMC and I play with no problems MKVs and ISOs from my own blurays (created with Windows in other computer)

Now I have install a Bluray reader with the aim of playing my blurays directly, and I've found it doesn't work (The ISO file works, but original disc doesn't).

?Hoy can I enable the play of those original optical disks? I've try installing an addon called "makeMKV" but when I try to use it gives a message saying something like "MakeMKV doesn't work, it is installed?"

?Can someone lend me a hand? I would like to play original BDs in the easyest possible way, as I play ISOS now.

Many thanks in advance

I Finally get was I was looking for using makeMKV, the issue was that when I installed prior day it was on the night after 14 hours working and my mind shouldn't be lucid, I had installed XBMC add-on but not the makeMKV itself.

I tested a pair of original blurays I own and seem't to work

The link is:

After that, download xbmc add-on and install as usual (install from zip):

Many thanks again

Comment

XBMC/Kodi can be used to play/view all common multimedia formats through its native clients and parsers. It can decode these audio and video formats in software or hardware, and optionally pass-through AC3/DTS/HD audio, or encode to AC3 in real time from movies directly to S/PDIF digital output to an external audio-amplifier/receiver for decoding. XBMC accepts Blu-ray discs but only those are unencrypted; in other words, if your Blu-rays are purchased from local shop or amazon.com, they cannot be played via XBMC directly since they are encrypted. You need to backup these Blu-rays and save to XBMC supported format first. I know this guide should be helpful.
      How to enable Blu-Ray playback in Kodi? This is a guide of backing up Blu-ray to Kodi readable formats and then play Blu-ray with Home Network via Kodi.

Comment

Working...
      X