Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Pushes Down Another Big Dota 2 Linux Update

Phoronix: Valve Pushes Down Another Big Dota 2 Linux Update

Besides shipping a large Team Fortress 2 update for Linux gamers this weekend, Valve also released another Dota 2 update on Friday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seriously, stop. Dota2 is getting content updates almost weekly, and a "large" update 2-3 times a year. This one was one of the smaller ones - just changing models and some hats. If you wanted to write an article, you should've written one about 6.79, which completely changed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
      What's wrong with you guys? How he should have know that? And this was asked in another thread:
      I do find posts like theirs humorous. It's almost like they think the web is going to run out of space and they start chastising Micheal for using it up.

Comment

This game needs a lot of resources, and for me it's a bit annoying to be worrying about which items each character should be using. I am more a TF2 player.
        Its interesting than the two games more played in steam are free.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
          Seriously, stop. Dota2 is getting content updates almost weekly, and a "large" update 2-3 times a year. This one was one of the smaller ones - just changing models and some hats. If you wanted to write an article, you should've written one about 6.79, which completely changed the game.

weird i'm getting multiple updates daily. and it says the dota2 network is unavailable when update comes out in the middle of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
            What's wrong with you guys? How he should have know that? And this was asked in another thread:
            huh. I miss a single letter in a post and it turns around the meaning. Oh well =P I understand Michael needs traffic to support the ad income. But still, anyone who plays these free Steam games already knows the updates are there. It's not as if we can play the game without getting them is probably more the issue (with Steam forcing you online after a month anyway). It doesn't bother me personally if Michael submits this kind of thing. I just reckon his resources would be better of covering OSS games, new games coming to Linux etc, rather than stuff that's already out there for the people who actualy play on Steam.

Now, if Michael could only get paid for each persons opinion, ay =D
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by PeterKraus View Post
              In case you didn't notice, there seems to be a big calm in terms of material for Michael to write articles of, so he has to resort to this sort of "quickly rewriting a couple patch notes and publishing them as an article". Same with the TF2 update. If Michael had actually spend just a little attention to Dota in general he'd have reported on the Three Spirits update before.

Comment

Working...
              X