No announcement yet.

AMD Puts Out A New Catalyst Linux Graphics Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone if there's a patch for kernel 3.13 yet?

Comment

So, the brightness issue is fixed... until you suspend the system. After resume from suspend, you cannot change it. Also, some applications (including AMD's CCC) simply won't run, and I don't know why, because there are no error messages at all.

Catalyst is great, isn't it?

I'm wondering why AMD is doing a double effort, even by developing yet another implementation of OpenCL... why cannot we use VDPAU with fglrx, or the AMD APP SDK with the FOSS radeon driver? Why don't they open source catalyst, or at least the opengl parts? Why aren't they giving those sources to their own employees to improve the FOSS driver? Does the PS4 and the XBOne use a third and fourth implementation of the driver?

AMD should stop developing fglrx and hire more devs for the open source driver.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
        So, the brightness issue is fixed... until you suspend the system. After resume from suspend, you cannot change it. Also, some applications (including AMD's CCC) simply won't run, and I don't know why, because there are no error messages at all.
        That was the issue with the previous Catalyst beta6? The one they supposedly fixed? The issue my notebook currently suffers from?
        I'll have to test with this driver, but will be out and travelling for the next 2 days :-/

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
          That was the issue with the previous Catalyst beta6? The one they supposedly fixed? The issue my notebook currently suffers from?
          I'll have to test with this driver, but will be out and travelling for the next 2 days :-/
          I guess it depends on your hardware and setup... it's funny and sad at the same time. To me, it looks like they always "fix" something for some cards, but brake the same thing or something else for other cards... looks like they are lacking QA.

AMD: Double efforts, half the results.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
            I upgraded to the newest beta drivers, and it resolved the brightness issue AFTER suspend. CCC runs.
            Maybe you are running a Franken-driver...

Comment

Guys update...
              After some time using this latest beta I figured out a major bug!

Kwin with whatever backend and whatever color grid at KDE 4.11.3 when you minimize a number of windows and maximize and minimize again the screen becomes a total mess!! You cannot do anything! A mess with strange triangles!

What a shame! And I was about to believe that we are not having serious bugs with this version...

openSuSE 13.1, Kernel 3.12, Mesa 10.1git, Radeon HD 5850

R600G is really beautiful!! Don't use that thing unless you have to for hardware support and only!

Comment

I can confirm, that the bug exists and causes problem if you switch to full screen and back artifacts will appear on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                X