Compiz effects works ,no cube then disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz effects works ,no cube then disappears

Finally i got the ati 8.3 catalyst driver to work for me on my system.. amd am2 5600 dual core processor,with 2 gigs of ddr 2 memory hd2600xt video card with two 120 gig serial ata hard drives and one ide 40 gig hard drive with linux ubuntu gibbon gutsy installed on. After weeks of frustractioni finally got the guide(http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide)
    and followed everything to finally get the compiz fusion effects enabled.. got the wobbly windows working fine.. When i tried the cube.. nothing happened.. when i tried openareana or warsow nothing started.. except the screen went big on me and i could scroll the entire screen with my mouse.. its like the screen went bigger than my monitor and i had to scroll around it to find the power button to log out and log in ubuntu again.. then the screen is normal and now i have no compiz effects anymore and my once good glxinfo or fglrinfo is now changed to this glx:brian paul ,server glx version string:1.4 Mesa and the whenever i try to enable the effects on the advanced desktop settings ..it says cannot be enabled.. can someone tell me whats going on and why i cant get the 3d games to run and no cube either and the loss of the compiz effects .. its really frustrating ... have done 8 reinstalls and it does the samething each time ..whatshould i do guys ?
Working...
X