No announcement yet.

Chrome 32 Beta Has A Vibration API, Animated WebP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WebP is not standard either. But it doesn't matter. Both APNG and WebP are valid formats that can be used on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by maxst View Post
      W3C is taking hand-off approach to the whole issue
      Why should anyone care anymore what W3C says about anything? They sold out, they want a web riddled with DRM...

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        Why should anyone care anymore what W3C says about anything? They sold out, they want a web riddled with DRM...
        Nobody wants it including the W3C but it is what it is. If you want premium content, you have to accept DRM. I'm sure you have bought or rented videos for example over the years and all of those have DRM. If you didn't you are either watching really old PD stuff or circumventing the DRM measures in place.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Nobody wants it including the W3C but it is what it is. If you want premium content, you have to accept DRM. I'm sure you have bought or rented videos for example over the years and all of those have DRM. If you didn't you are either watching really old PD stuff or circumventing the DRM measures in place.
          Bullshit. You've been brainwashed by the copyright mafia. Since when did DRM become an inevitable force of nature that we just have to accept?

DRM is inherently user-hostile, it takes away the control of your own hardware from you, the owner of the hardware. I get all the "premium content" I need without ever worrying about DRM. If something isn't available DRM-free, I won't be paying a cent for it.

Comment

This thread: TL;DR...

Will they ever support VDPAU in linux?

Comment

DRM in movies and TV shows that I buy, or pay a subscription fee for I should be able to copy and save for my own use as if it was a VCR. You might think that well you can't just give it out for free after it's released, and then I say, "Have you ever been to a library?"

Really what I'm hoping for is some sort of crazy better than everything else to fly out of Xiph like Opus, but that's just me personally, and I just like the guys over there.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                This thread: TL;DR...

Will they ever support VDPAU in linux?
                Sorry this is a double post but....
                According to Wikipedia, VDPAU has been in Mess since 8.0 for graphics cards that utilise Gallium3D and a lot of other programs use it including vlc, xbmc, gstreamer, flash and a couple others. Seriously, can you not Google first?

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                  Sorry this is a double post but....
                  According to Wikipedia, VDPAU has been in Mess since 8.0 for graphics cards that utilise Gallium3D and a lot of other programs use it including vlc, xbmc, gstreamer, flash and a couple others. Seriously, can you not Google first?
                  How can it be a mess if nvidia's closed source is THE reference for it?

AFAIK (I'm not a dev), VLC implementation is really bad, and recent. Mplayer, OTOH, works great with it. Even flash works OK for me with the FOSS radeon driver...

The thing is: we have HTML5 to watch videos in web browsers, but those are not being decoded directly by hardware, which means more cpu usage -> more battery usage. If they really want to improve linux users' experience, they SHOULD support VDPAU/VAAPI.

Comment

Working...
                  X