No announcement yet.

Issues with vgaswitcheroo disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All necessary changes are already in 3.13-rc7.

Comment

The issue has been fixed for some chipsets. Errors are no longer appear for most (all?) chipsets in the last 2 kernel RCs. However, for 7xxxM series we're still running into an issue where the dGPU doesn't properly power off once X is started, but stays at a state of DynPwr (instead of DynOff when DRI_PRIME=1 is not set anywhere):

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
        The issue has been fixed for some chipsets. Errors are no longer appear for most (all?) chipsets in the last 2 kernel RCs. However, for 7xxxM series we're still running into an issue where the dGPU doesn't properly power off once X is started, but stays at a state of DynPwr (instead of DynOff when DRI_PRIME=1 is not set anywhere):

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65761
        I can confirm this with Mobility Radeon 7750M.
        In addition my dmesg shows me weird error:
        Code:
        [drm:si_dpm_set_power_state] *ERROR* si_set_sw_state failed
        Hopefully it would be fixed in 3.14 due to dpm rework made by Alex.

By the way, did anyone see these messages:
        Code:
        [   45.019084] [drm] stuck on render ring
        [   45.019094] [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card1/error
        [   45.019096] [drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
        [   45.019108] [drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI -> DRM/Intel
        [   45.019109] [drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if it's not a kernel issue.
        [   45.019110] [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.
        Should I report a bug for intel developers? I also use the following comand line parameters during the boot:
        Code:
        i915.i915_enable_rc6=7 i915.i915_enable_fbc=1 i915.lvds_downclock=1 drm.vblankoffdelay=1
        Can they cause such behavior?

Comment

Just tried to boot without radeon.runpm=1. So the status of discrete card is DynOff. Unfortunately xrandr --listproviders sees only intel.

Comment

Is there any news? According to this bug report the issue is still there. Is there any way to help developers?

Comment

Working...
            X