Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mageia 4 Beta 1 Has Risen

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,660

    Default Mageia 4 Beta 1 Has Risen

    Phoronix: Mageia 4 Beta 1 Has Risen

    While the developers feel Megia 4 Beta 1 has been their most difficult release yet, the Linux distribution update is finally available...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUxNTY

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    228

    Default

    I really like Mageia's community effort but still is the same old story with the most Linux distributions. They don't aim to be easy to use and that is the reason they end up isolated from the world.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    64

    Default

    How easy do you want it, put disk in, install....

    Only easier way is it come pre installed !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verde View Post
    I really like Mageia's community effort but still is the same old story with the most Linux distributions. They don't aim to be easy to use and that is the reason they end up isolated from the world.
    Except the purpose of Mageia is *exactly* ease of use. Have you ever actually tried using it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    48

    Default

    frankly, who uses that crap?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Except the purpose of Mageia is *exactly* ease of use. Have you ever actually tried using it?
    No, I assumed it by the colours of their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by pete910 View Post
    How easy do you want it, put disk in, install....

    Only easier way is it come pre installed !
    Is it easy for a newcomer to Linux the setting up bootloader procedure during installation? What is GRUB? Why should he know and care?

    Some things can be done easier. see Ubuntu installer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verde View Post
    Is it easy for a newcomer to Linux the setting up bootloader procedure during installation? What is GRUB? Why should he know and care?

    Some things can be done easier. see Ubuntu installer.
    Installer is probably the ONLY easy thing about Ubuntu. LMAO.

    Magea 3 had a lot of rough-edges, they do show promise to become elite next to OpenSuse.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Deshi deshi basara basara!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •