Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jolla starting to sell it's first phone on 27th of november!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolla starting to sell it's first phone on 27th of november!

Here are the links:
    We knew Finnish carrier DNA would be the first to launch the Sailfish-powered Jolla phone, and thanks to a tweet from Jolla HQ we now know that it will launch in Helsinki on November 27th. Unfortunately, that's about all we have to work with in terms of availability info -- the company hasn't said when the device will make its way to other markets. It has, however, shared that the first Jolla phone will be available both on and off contract and with "no SIM lock." Judging by Jolla's responses to fans on Twitter, it looks like those who placed pre-orders could also be getting the handset soon. Any other questions? The Finnish company is dutifully responding to tweets at the moment, so have at it.

Jolla Ltd. is a cutting-edge deep Tech company from Finland born out of Nokia’s MeeGo program. Jolla’s key products are Linux-based mobile operating Sailfish OS, which is the only European mobile OS, and AppSupport, a unique solution to run Android apps on any Linux platform. %  

Awesome! The first end-user Wayland device!

Ups... sorry for the error in the thread title.

Comment

While i am not feeling the HW the SW has me excited. If i was to buy a phone it would be on the top of my list.

BTW they use a gecko based browser. Does this mean that someone can use firefox add ons (ie. ad-block) on it without any hassle ???

Comment

Working...
      X